*Indian police hauled three of Oprah Winfrey’s bodyguards into custody Thursday after they got into a scrap with local TV journalists, a news agency reported.
The talk-show host had been traveling with both American and Indian bodyguards while visiting the Hindu pilgrimage town of Mathura, about 90 miles south of Delhi, according to the AP.
Press Trust of India said police detained three of her Indian bodyguards after local journalists said their video equipment had been damaged in a brawl. No one was reported hurt, and there was no indication that the American bodyguards were involved.
The three guards were released after apologizing in a letter to the journalists, PTI said.
As previously reported, this is Winfrey’s first trip to India, where she has been filming her new show “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”
Earlier this week, she delighted Mumbai locals by wearing a bright orange sari [see photo above] while meeting with Bollywood stars including Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai at a private party.
She also visited the Taj Mahal on Thursday, and she is due to attend the Jaipur Literature Festival that begins Friday.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here