*Indian police hauled three of Oprah Winfrey’s bodyguards into custody Thursday after they got into a scrap with local TV journalists, a news agency reported.
The talk-show host had been traveling with both American and Indian bodyguards while visiting the Hindu pilgrimage town of Mathura, about 90 miles south of Delhi, according to the AP.
Press Trust of India said police detained three of her Indian bodyguards after local journalists said their video equipment had been damaged in a brawl. No one was reported hurt, and there was no indication that the American bodyguards were involved.
The three guards were released after apologizing in a letter to the journalists, PTI said.
As previously reported, this is Winfrey’s first trip to India, where she has been filming her new show “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”
Earlier this week, she delighted Mumbai locals by wearing a bright orange sari [see photo above] while meeting with Bollywood stars including Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai at a private party.
She also visited the Taj Mahal on Thursday, and she is due to attend the Jaipur Literature Festival that begins Friday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here