*Indian police hauled three of Oprah Winfrey’s bodyguards into custody Thursday after they got into a scrap with local TV journalists, a news agency reported.
The talk-show host had been traveling with both American and Indian bodyguards while visiting the Hindu pilgrimage town of Mathura, about 90 miles south of Delhi, according to the AP.
Press Trust of India said police detained three of her Indian bodyguards after local journalists said their video equipment had been damaged in a brawl. No one was reported hurt, and there was no indication that the American bodyguards were involved.
The three guards were released after apologizing in a letter to the journalists, PTI said.
As previously reported, this is Winfrey’s first trip to India, where she has been filming her new show “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”
Earlier this week, she delighted Mumbai locals by wearing a bright orange sari [see photo above] while meeting with Bollywood stars including Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai at a private party.
She also visited the Taj Mahal on Thursday, and she is due to attend the Jaipur Literature Festival that begins Friday.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here