*Sunday’s two-hour premiere of Oprah Winfrey’s new primetime series “Oprah’s Next Chapter” garnered the network’s highest Sunday premiere ever on OWN 1.1 million total viewers.
The premiere episode, which featured an intimate interview with Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler at his lake house in Lake Sunapee, New Hampshire, posted the highest ratings ever in the 9-11 p.m. time period (up +463% among women 25-54 versus the Sunday 9-11 p.m. December 2011 time period average), built through its second hour, and garnered double digit growth across all key demos versus year ago network launch numbers.
This was the highest rated premiere for a series on OWN outside of the network’s launch weekend only behind the two hour premiere of “Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes” on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011, making it the second highest telecast for the network to date across all key demos.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here