*Oprah Winfrey’s new primetime series “Oprah’s Next Chapter” (Sundays, 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) will expand to air Sundays and Mondays through February.
The series, which features Oprah as she steps outside of the studio for conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families, will expand to air part two of her interviews starting Monday, January 30 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET/PT) on OWN.
Below is the upcoming schedule:
Sunday, January 29 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET/PT) – Sean Penn in Haiti
Monday, January 30 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET/PT) – Hope in Haiti
- Oprah travels to Haiti with actor and humanitarian Sean Penn nearly two years after one of the most devastating natural disasters in history, witnessing first-hand his work through the non-governmental organization J/P Haitian Relief Organization and discovers both heartache and hope among the Haitian people. After traveling to a tent camp run by J/P HRO that houses more than 20,000 internally displaced Haitians, Oprah meets an American girl who runs an orphanage, a Haitian businesswoman rebuilding her country through art, and speaks one-on-one with fashion designer Donna Karan about the opportunities she has created for local artists. [Scroll down to watch a clip.]
Sunday, February 12 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET/PT) – Hasidic Jews of Brooklyn (Part 1)
Monday, February 13 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET/PT) – Hasidic Jews of Brooklyn (Part 2)
- Oprah visits the Hasidic Jewish communities of Borough Park and Crown Heights for unprecedented access inside one of America’s most tight-knit and mysterious cultures where she learns about the daily life and their intense spiritual devotion, including raising their children with no TV, movies, internet or video games. Oprah sits down with a family of twelve as part of her visit, enjoys a traditional meal, and meets one of the few black Hasidic Jewish families in the country. Then Oprah conducts a first ever, no holds barred interview with four Hasidic mothers and wives, and gets a rare tour of a ritual, spiritual bath known as a Mikvah.
Sunday, February 19 (9:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET/PT) – Tony Robbins (Part 1)
Monday, February 20 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET/PT) – Tony Robbins (Part 2)
- Oprah is given unprecedented access to life and business catalyst Tony Robbins in Los Angeles at his “Unleash The Power Within” seminar, where she observes from behind-the-scenes how Robbins preps and plans for his large-scale seminar events. Winfrey joins several thousand people to experience firsthand one of his “Breakthrough” sessions, where she overcomes a major fear of her own – firewalking! Oprah then sits down with Robbins for an intimate conversation about how he coached himself out of his own failures, what he believes is the secret to success and how anyone can overcome obstacles and close the gap between who they are and who they want to be.
Also coming this season, Oprah has a slumber party at Southern chef Paula Deen’s Georgia estate, travels to a small town in Iowa devoted to the practice of Transcendental Meditation, takes a trip with Deepak Chopra to India and visits with Bishop T.D. Jakes at his church in Dallas, Texas.
Below – First Look: Oprah and Sean Penn Visit Haiti
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Gets Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here