*Michael Jackson’s three children — Prince, Paris and Blanket — memorialized their late father with a hand and footprint ceremony outside Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood Thursday.
“This, right here, is his lifetime achievement award,” Prince, 14, told the crowd. “This is what he strived to get, and this is what we are giving him now.”
The trio then made an imprint in the cement using the King of Pop’s famous sequin glove and a pair of his dancing shoes. They also added their own handprints.
Paris, 13, then introduced Justin Bieber, 17, who performed his own rendition of “Rockin’ Robin” (made famous by Jackson in 1972).
“Michael meant so much to me and I know he meant a lot to you guys as well,” an emotional Bieber said. “He was more than entertainer: he was an inspiration in the way he was kind, he was gentle and very charitable. That’s why I look up to him.”
Chris Tucker, Smokey Robinson and Quincy Jones also showed up for the ceremony, as did Jackson’s mother, Katherine, and his brothers, Tito and Jackie.’
Jackson’s glove and shoe prints will be alongside Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe and Sidney Poitier.
Jackson died at 50 from a drug overdose in 2009. Late last year, Jackson’s doctor Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
Next week, Glee airs its Jackson tribute episode and Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour recently opened in Los Angeles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here