*Two decades after she made her Broadway debut at the age of 5, singing with the Boys Choir of Harlem, Raven-Symoné returns to the stage as the star of a Broadway musical, reports Deadline.com
The actress-singer is set to take over the lead role in the musical Sister Act based on the hit 1992 movie, replacing Patina Miller as Deloris Van Cartier. Whoopi Goldberg, who played Deloris in the film and its sequel, produces the Broadway adaptation featuring original music by Alan Menken, which opened in April 2011.
Raven-Symoné is slated to begin rehearsals at the end of February and hit the stage of the Broadway Theatre at the end of March for a minimum 6-month engagement.
Miller originated the role of Deloris both in the West End and Broadway productions of Sister Act, making her Broadway debut.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here