*Two decades after she made her Broadway debut at the age of 5, singing with the Boys Choir of Harlem, Raven-Symoné returns to the stage as the star of a Broadway musical, reports Deadline.com
The actress-singer is set to take over the lead role in the musical Sister Act based on the hit 1992 movie, replacing Patina Miller as Deloris Van Cartier. Whoopi Goldberg, who played Deloris in the film and its sequel, produces the Broadway adaptation featuring original music by Alan Menken, which opened in April 2011.
Raven-Symoné is slated to begin rehearsals at the end of February and hit the stage of the Broadway Theatre at the end of March for a minimum 6-month engagement.
Miller originated the role of Deloris both in the West End and Broadway productions of Sister Act, making her Broadway debut.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here