*A coalition of Black activists has launched a national campaign they call “Occupy ‘Red Tails'” to spur Americans to go see the monumental George Lucas production of “Red Tails” which based on the story of the Tuskegee Airmen.
Judge Kevin Ross, Michael Ajakwe, Najee Ali and several others are petitioning Americans across the country to recognize those who fought to maintain American freedoms and privileges.
For over 23 years, Lucas has been trying to tell the story of the courageous Black pilots who transformed the makeup of the military, but Hollywood wasn’t having it.
So the big time filmmaker decided to tell the story, using $90 million of his own money to make and market the film.
Through “Occupy Red Tails,” the activists hope to make a statement to industry big wigs, letting them know the people are interested in real drama, real stories, stories about Black America.
The movement will begin today, Friday, Jan. 20. Below is the plan of action they suggest:
HOW TO “OCCUPY RED TAILS”
Step 1 – Select a date and show time between Friday January 20 and
Sunday January 22, 2012 to see the film “Red Tails”.
Step 2 – Purchase tickets in advance online at http://fandango.com/ to
insure that you can see the movie on your chosen day.
Step 3 – Use Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and any other social media sites
to encourage your circle of family, friends, and colleagues to join you on
the day and time that you’ll be there. And please try to persuade people to
change their profile page to promote the movie.
The activists note that some individuals have shared their plans to dine before or after the showing of the movie at minority owned establishments to make the experience even more meaningful. Although not required, the coalition says this is highly recommended for those who plan on discussing what they believe is the significance of “Occupy Red Tails.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here