*The National Enquirer reports that First Lady Michelle Obama threw a temper tantrum over author Jodi Kantor’s new book, “The Obamas” that alleges that the first lady has diva-like behavior and spendthrift ways.
It is reported that after the book was released, she blamed the White House staff for leaking the information. The Enquirer reports that it all exploded on Jan. 9 when president Obama’s chief of staff Bill Daley suddenly resigned.
A top political source in Washington, D. C. told the Enquirer that Michelle threw a hissy fit when Barack suggested that they spend their winter vacation at Camp David because a Hawaiian vacation would bring more attention to her alleged reckless spending.
The Enquirer is reporting that Michelle blames the president for his inability to control the White House staff and the hurtful gossip they are spreading.
“She’s convinced that his aides have been leaking embarrassing details about her because they believe her extravagant behavior is hurting his re-election campaign,” said the source.
New insights into the alleged extravagant spending are revealed in the book, including an “Alicein Wonderland” party in which actor Johnny Depp in full costume presided over a Mad Hatter’s tea. Kantor, a New York Times correspondent, wrote “there were enormous stuffed animals in chairs and tiered serving plates with treats like bone-shaped meringue cookies.”
But according to “The Obamas,” the president’s aides were so fearful the splashy party would be offensive to jobless Americans—or their representatives in Congress–that the event “was not discussed publicly and Depp’s contribution went unacknowledged,” according to the book.
President Obama had White House Press Secretary Jay Carney call it “irresponsible” for media to report the “secret party,” labeling it “an event for military children.”
But a top source said “The president’s reaction was too little too late for Michelle. According to the source, she lashed into Obama and said ‘I HATE this place!”
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here