*Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced today that he is ending his bid for the Republican nomination for the presidency.
Earlier, we reported …
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who parachuted into the Republican presidential contest on a surge of upbeat expectations, only to end up basically crashing and burning, is expected to exit the race today, two days before the South Carolina primary in which he was trailing far behind the leaders.
Perry will hold a press conference in North Charleston at 11 a.m. ET, when he’ll suspend his candidacy.
Perry almost quit the race after a weak fifth-place finish in Iowa’s leadoff caucuses. But urged on by his wife and supporters, he decided to press ahead, skipping the New Hampshire primary and putting all of his emphasis on South Carolina.
Read/learn more at LA Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here