*Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced today that he is ending his bid for the Republican nomination for the presidency.
Earlier, we reported …
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who parachuted into the Republican presidential contest on a surge of upbeat expectations, only to end up basically crashing and burning, is expected to exit the race today, two days before the South Carolina primary in which he was trailing far behind the leaders.
Perry will hold a press conference in North Charleston at 11 a.m. ET, when he’ll suspend his candidacy.
Perry almost quit the race after a weak fifth-place finish in Iowa’s leadoff caucuses. But urged on by his wife and supporters, he decided to press ahead, skipping the New Hampshire primary and putting all of his emphasis on South Carolina.
Read/learn more at LA Times.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here