*Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced today that he is ending his bid for the Republican nomination for the presidency.
Earlier, we reported …
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who parachuted into the Republican presidential contest on a surge of upbeat expectations, only to end up basically crashing and burning, is expected to exit the race today, two days before the South Carolina primary in which he was trailing far behind the leaders.
Perry will hold a press conference in North Charleston at 11 a.m. ET, when he’ll suspend his candidacy.
Perry almost quit the race after a weak fifth-place finish in Iowa’s leadoff caucuses. But urged on by his wife and supporters, he decided to press ahead, skipping the New Hampshire primary and putting all of his emphasis on South Carolina.
Read/learn more at LA Times.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here