*Rihanna has a new title.
The pop star is now the queen of the downloads after becoming the best-selling online artist of 2011, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which puts her digital record sales at more than 47.5 million at the end of 2011.
The Black Eyed Peas were named the second most popular act with 42.4 million downloads – their 2009 hit “I Gotta Feeling” racked up 7.6 million alone.
Eminem and Lady Gaga came in a close third and fourth with 42.2 million and 42 million, respectively, while Taylor Swift rounded out the top five with 41.8 million sales.
Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Beyonce, Kanye West and Britney Spears make up the rest of the top 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here