*Rihanna has a new title.
The pop star is now the queen of the downloads after becoming the best-selling online artist of 2011, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which puts her digital record sales at more than 47.5 million at the end of 2011.
The Black Eyed Peas were named the second most popular act with 42.4 million downloads – their 2009 hit “I Gotta Feeling” racked up 7.6 million alone.
Eminem and Lady Gaga came in a close third and fourth with 42.2 million and 42 million, respectively, while Taylor Swift rounded out the top five with 41.8 million sales.
Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Beyonce, Kanye West and Britney Spears make up the rest of the top 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here