*Rihanna has a new title.
The pop star is now the queen of the downloads after becoming the best-selling online artist of 2011, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which puts her digital record sales at more than 47.5 million at the end of 2011.
The Black Eyed Peas were named the second most popular act with 42.4 million downloads – their 2009 hit “I Gotta Feeling” racked up 7.6 million alone.
Eminem and Lady Gaga came in a close third and fourth with 42.2 million and 42 million, respectively, while Taylor Swift rounded out the top five with 41.8 million sales.
Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Beyonce, Kanye West and Britney Spears make up the rest of the top 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Tanya Hart Elected Co-chair of The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here