*Last week it was reported that Riva Tims, wife of the late Pastor Zachery Tims planned to sue the Board of Directors at New Destiny Christian Center (NDCC) and televangelist Paula White who they named Senior Pastor.
The Board indicated in a statement they were “confident” in their right to make that decision. Today, we have insight directly from Riva Tims as to why the church’s attorneys are so confident they have not violated the law and why they feel her claims are baseless. In a post found on Tims’ Facebook Page she explained:
I signed a Marital Settlement Agreement in 2009. The document is over 30 pages including an addendum. There is one sentence that excludes me from filing a legal complaint against the Board of New Destiny Christian Center.
Tims can not sue the church or White, but for the sake of her children’s potential inheritance she is not backing down.
“Those who truly knew Dr. Zach [knew] that he would not back down from any opposition but would run to the battle,” she wrote. “I stand in righteous indignation on behalf of him and my children.”
The mother of four will now continue the fight as a supporter of the members who supported her. “I will fully continue to support my New Destiny Christian Center family in every effort to manifest the Spirit of Truth,” she vowed.
Meanwhile, according to the Orlando Sentinel, Paula White addressed the contested transition telling congregants at the New Year’s Eve service:
“I’m not asking you to like me. I’m not asking you to love me or respect me, because I’ll do the work to earn that.”
“I always ask people to give me one year of your life and I promise you will be changed.”
Watch this video report on Paula White:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here