*Snoop Dogg appears to be joining Kelly Clarkson as a celebrity endorser of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul.
But while the “American Idol” singer prefers Paul’s hands-off approach to all things government, for Snoop, it’s all about the weed.
The rapper and marijuana lover appeared to grant his endorsement to Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline “Smoke Weed Everyday.” Snoop Dogg — born Calvin Broadus — included the message “Because I said so” with his post. [See pic above.]
Snoop — whose most recent marijuana-related arrest occurred earlier this month, at the Texas border town of Sierra Blanca — is presumably drawn to Paul due to the libertarian candidate’s stance on drugs. Paul was a co-sponsor of the States’ Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, and supports the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.
It’s unclear whether Snoop was aware of Paul’s reported history of signing his name to racially-charged newsletters in the 1990s. Late last year, Kelly Clarkson caught criticism after singing Paul’s praises.
“I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance,” Clarkson said in a tweet. “If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here