*Snoop Dogg appears to be joining Kelly Clarkson as a celebrity endorser of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul.
But while the “American Idol” singer prefers Paul’s hands-off approach to all things government, for Snoop, it’s all about the weed.
The rapper and marijuana lover appeared to grant his endorsement to Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline “Smoke Weed Everyday.” Snoop Dogg — born Calvin Broadus — included the message “Because I said so” with his post. [See pic above.]
Snoop — whose most recent marijuana-related arrest occurred earlier this month, at the Texas border town of Sierra Blanca — is presumably drawn to Paul due to the libertarian candidate’s stance on drugs. Paul was a co-sponsor of the States’ Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, and supports the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.
It’s unclear whether Snoop was aware of Paul’s reported history of signing his name to racially-charged newsletters in the 1990s. Late last year, Kelly Clarkson caught criticism after singing Paul’s praises.
“I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance,” Clarkson said in a tweet. “If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here