*Snoop Dogg appears to be joining Kelly Clarkson as a celebrity endorser of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul.
But while the “American Idol” singer prefers Paul’s hands-off approach to all things government, for Snoop, it’s all about the weed.
The rapper and marijuana lover appeared to grant his endorsement to Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline “Smoke Weed Everyday.” Snoop Dogg — born Calvin Broadus — included the message “Because I said so” with his post. [See pic above.]
Snoop — whose most recent marijuana-related arrest occurred earlier this month, at the Texas border town of Sierra Blanca — is presumably drawn to Paul due to the libertarian candidate’s stance on drugs. Paul was a co-sponsor of the States’ Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, and supports the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.
It’s unclear whether Snoop was aware of Paul’s reported history of signing his name to racially-charged newsletters in the 1990s. Late last year, Kelly Clarkson caught criticism after singing Paul’s praises.
“I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance,” Clarkson said in a tweet. “If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here