*Spike Lee and wife Tonya will host a fund-raising dinner for President Obama in New York on Jan. 19, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.
Lee, who has been supportive and critical of Obama’s presidency over the course of his term, will throw the fundraiser at his Upper East Side brownstone as an early evening dinner reception. Amaximum of 60 guests paying $38,500 each, or $71,600 per couple are expected to attend the intimate affair, the paper said. According to the Post, the couple said the event would be “no more than six tables and 60 people.”
Earlier that day, Obama will be fundraising at four-star restaurant Daniel on the Upper East Side, the paper reported.
Asked last summer about Obama’s re-election prospects, Lee said: “It’s going to be tough. It’s going to be a fight.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here