*Spike Lee and wife Tonya will host a fund-raising dinner for President Obama in New York on Jan. 19, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.
Lee, who has been supportive and critical of Obama’s presidency over the course of his term, will throw the fundraiser at his Upper East Side brownstone as an early evening dinner reception. Amaximum of 60 guests paying $38,500 each, or $71,600 per couple are expected to attend the intimate affair, the paper said. According to the Post, the couple said the event would be “no more than six tables and 60 people.”
Earlier that day, Obama will be fundraising at four-star restaurant Daniel on the Upper East Side, the paper reported.
Asked last summer about Obama’s re-election prospects, Lee said: “It’s going to be tough. It’s going to be a fight.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here