*Spike Lee and wife Tonya will host a fund-raising dinner for President Obama in New York on Jan. 19, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.
Lee, who has been supportive and critical of Obama’s presidency over the course of his term, will throw the fundraiser at his Upper East Side brownstone as an early evening dinner reception. Amaximum of 60 guests paying $38,500 each, or $71,600 per couple are expected to attend the intimate affair, the paper said. According to the Post, the couple said the event would be “no more than six tables and 60 people.”
Earlier that day, Obama will be fundraising at four-star restaurant Daniel on the Upper East Side, the paper reported.
Asked last summer about Obama’s re-election prospects, Lee said: “It’s going to be tough. It’s going to be a fight.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here