*Spike Lee and wife Tonya will host a fund-raising dinner for President Obama in New York on Jan. 19, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.
Lee, who has been supportive and critical of Obama’s presidency over the course of his term, will throw the fundraiser at his Upper East Side brownstone as an early evening dinner reception. Amaximum of 60 guests paying $38,500 each, or $71,600 per couple are expected to attend the intimate affair, the paper said. According to the Post, the couple said the event would be “no more than six tables and 60 people.”
Earlier that day, Obama will be fundraising at four-star restaurant Daniel on the Upper East Side, the paper reported.
Asked last summer about Obama’s re-election prospects, Lee said: “It’s going to be tough. It’s going to be a fight.”
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here