*Spike Lee and wife Tonya will host a fund-raising dinner for President Obama in New York on Jan. 19, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.
Lee, who has been supportive and critical of Obama’s presidency over the course of his term, will throw the fundraiser at his Upper East Side brownstone as an early evening dinner reception. Amaximum of 60 guests paying $38,500 each, or $71,600 per couple are expected to attend the intimate affair, the paper said. According to the Post, the couple said the event would be “no more than six tables and 60 people.”
Earlier that day, Obama will be fundraising at four-star restaurant Daniel on the Upper East Side, the paper reported.
Asked last summer about Obama’s re-election prospects, Lee said: “It’s going to be tough. It’s going to be a fight.”
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here