*Star Jones is returning to the lion’s den, a.k.a. “The View,” where her acrimonious exit nearly six years ago as a co-host and rift with Barbara Walters made headlines.
“The View” announced on Wednesday that Jones will appear on the daytime talk show on Feb. 22 to promote an awareness campaign about heart disease among women.
Walters and Jones had a falling out in 2006 when Jones, one of the five original co-hosts of the daytime chat show, exited “The View.” ABC decided not to renew her contract and Jones took Walters by surprise by announcing on June 27 that she would be leaving the show.
That exit came more quickly than expected. Walters wouldn’t allow her back the next day.
Walters later said that Jones had compelled her co-hosts to lie for her by not revealing that Jones had undergone gastric bypass surgery while on “The View.” Jones took her own shots, criticizing Walters for writing an autobiography that revealed details of an affair.
The women later had something serious in common. Both underwent open heart surgery to repair faulty heart valves within two months of each other in 2010.
Jones is coming back to the show to discuss her involvement in the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” public information campaign. Women are asked to wear red on Feb. 3 to support heart patients.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here