*The man accused of murdering Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew in October 2008 is finally set to stand trial this spring.
William Balfour, the estranged husband of J-Hud’s sister Julia, is facing first-degree murder charges in connection to the slayings of the singer’s mother Darnell, her brother Jason and her seven-year-old nephew, Julian King in Chicago, Illinois.
Cook County Judge Charles Burns has now moved forward with the case and jury selection will begin on April 9.
The bodies of Darnell, 57, and Jason, 29, were discovered in the family’s Chicago home and King was found three days later in an abandoned SUV.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Beyonce's Lemonade Drama, Prince Updates, Boycotting Target and More! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here