*The man accused of murdering Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew in October 2008 is finally set to stand trial this spring.
William Balfour, the estranged husband of J-Hud’s sister Julia, is facing first-degree murder charges in connection to the slayings of the singer’s mother Darnell, her brother Jason and her seven-year-old nephew, Julian King in Chicago, Illinois.
Cook County Judge Charles Burns has now moved forward with the case and jury selection will begin on April 9.
The bodies of Darnell, 57, and Jason, 29, were discovered in the family’s Chicago home and King was found three days later in an abandoned SUV.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here