*Tessa Thompson, who appeared in the film “For Colored Girls,” has landed a co-starring role in the drama “Copper,” BBC America’s first original scripted series.
British actor Tom Weston-Jones (“MI5”) has landed the lead, and Franka Potente (“Run Lola Run,” “The Bourne Identity”) will also co-star in the series co-created by Tom Fontana and Will Rokos, joining previously cast Anastasia Griffith.
RELATED: Tessa Thompson Stars In ‘Mississippi Damned’
It centers on a young Irish cop (Weston-Jones) operating in the immigrant communities of 19th century New York. In her first series regular role, Potente, will play the cunning and cutthroat Eva who runs a brothel and has a layered relationship with the cop. Thompson will play Sara, a doctor’s wife whose brothers were lynched by a group of Irish during riots and will do what she has to do to protect her own.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here