*Tessa Thompson, who appeared in the film “For Colored Girls,” has landed a co-starring role in the drama “Copper,” BBC America’s first original scripted series.
British actor Tom Weston-Jones (“MI5”) has landed the lead, and Franka Potente (“Run Lola Run,” “The Bourne Identity”) will also co-star in the series co-created by Tom Fontana and Will Rokos, joining previously cast Anastasia Griffith.
RELATED: Tessa Thompson Stars In ‘Mississippi Damned’
It centers on a young Irish cop (Weston-Jones) operating in the immigrant communities of 19th century New York. In her first series regular role, Potente, will play the cunning and cutthroat Eva who runs a brothel and has a layered relationship with the cop. Thompson will play Sara, a doctor’s wife whose brothers were lynched by a group of Irish during riots and will do what she has to do to protect her own.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here