According to Jazz Corner.com, Levy died on Friday, January 20, the same day as James and Riley. His death comes less than three months shy of his 100th birthday.
The site quotes his wife, Devra Hall Levy as saying he was sleeping peacefully in her arms at home in Altadena when his heart finally gave out.
In addition to his wife of Altadena, CA, Mr. Levy is survived his son Michael Levy and daughter Pamela McRae both of Youngstown, OH, daughters Samara Levy of San Diego, CA, and Jole Levy of New York, NY, fifteen grandchildren, and a host of great-grandchildren.
According to Mr. Levy’s wishes, there will be no funeral service. Donations may be made to the “MCG Jazz John Levy Fund” which is earmarked for the Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild’s “Jazz Is Life” educational programs nationwide
Read/learn more at Jazz Corner.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here