*Wendy Williams defended First Lady Michelle Obama on her talk show last week, according to Black Voices.*
The talk show host said if you are going to call anyone an “angry black woman” don’t look at Obama, but someone like Nene Leakes.
“The Wendy Williams Show” (weekdays on Fox) doesn’t usually get political, but when Williams heard that Michelle Obama was defending herself against being described as “an angry black woman,” she sprang to the First Lady’s defense. “If you’re a black woman and you have something to say and you say it like you mean it, everybody portrays us … as an angry black woman,” Williams said.
Williams then pointed out that a somewhat similar critique was leveled at another smart, powerful First Lady, Hillary Clinton, who Williams remembered was called an “angry lesbian woman” by her detractors. “As soon as you get a little strong, then okay, you’re a lesbian,” Williams lamented.
Read more at Black Voices
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here