*Wendy Williams defended First Lady Michelle Obama on her talk show last week, according to Black Voices.*
The talk show host said if you are going to call anyone an “angry black woman” don’t look at Obama, but someone like Nene Leakes.
“The Wendy Williams Show” (weekdays on Fox) doesn’t usually get political, but when Williams heard that Michelle Obama was defending herself against being described as “an angry black woman,” she sprang to the First Lady’s defense. “If you’re a black woman and you have something to say and you say it like you mean it, everybody portrays us … as an angry black woman,” Williams said.
Williams then pointed out that a somewhat similar critique was leveled at another smart, powerful First Lady, Hillary Clinton, who Williams remembered was called an “angry lesbian woman” by her detractors. “As soon as you get a little strong, then okay, you’re a lesbian,” Williams lamented.
Read more at Black Voices
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here