*Wendy Williams defended First Lady Michelle Obama on her talk show last week, according to Black Voices.*
The talk show host said if you are going to call anyone an “angry black woman” don’t look at Obama, but someone like Nene Leakes.
“The Wendy Williams Show” (weekdays on Fox) doesn’t usually get political, but when Williams heard that Michelle Obama was defending herself against being described as “an angry black woman,” she sprang to the First Lady’s defense. “If you’re a black woman and you have something to say and you say it like you mean it, everybody portrays us … as an angry black woman,” Williams said.
Williams then pointed out that a somewhat similar critique was leveled at another smart, powerful First Lady, Hillary Clinton, who Williams remembered was called an “angry lesbian woman” by her detractors. “As soon as you get a little strong, then okay, you’re a lesbian,” Williams lamented.
Read more at Black Voices
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here