*Wendy Williams defended First Lady Michelle Obama on her talk show last week, according to Black Voices.*
The talk show host said if you are going to call anyone an “angry black woman” don’t look at Obama, but someone like Nene Leakes.
“The Wendy Williams Show” (weekdays on Fox) doesn’t usually get political, but when Williams heard that Michelle Obama was defending herself against being described as “an angry black woman,” she sprang to the First Lady’s defense. “If you’re a black woman and you have something to say and you say it like you mean it, everybody portrays us … as an angry black woman,” Williams said.
Williams then pointed out that a somewhat similar critique was leveled at another smart, powerful First Lady, Hillary Clinton, who Williams remembered was called an “angry lesbian woman” by her detractors. “As soon as you get a little strong, then okay, you’re a lesbian,” Williams lamented.
Read more at Black Voices
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here