*Simon Cowell is partnering with Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith for a new reality competition series searching for the world’s best DJ.
Cowell’s SYCO Entertainment is partnering with the couple’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television to launch the format, which is expected to be shopped internationally and domestically, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“DJ’s are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show,” Cowell said in a statement announcing the news.
Cowell tweeted about the as yet untitled DJ show Wednesday, clarifying his role in the potential series.
“Excited to announce new DJ show. I will NOT be judging this show. Excited to be working with @jadapsmith. Stay tuned!” he tweeted.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here