*Simon Cowell is partnering with Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith for a new reality competition series searching for the world’s best DJ.
Cowell’s SYCO Entertainment is partnering with the couple’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television to launch the format, which is expected to be shopped internationally and domestically, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“DJ’s are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show,” Cowell said in a statement announcing the news.
Cowell tweeted about the as yet untitled DJ show Wednesday, clarifying his role in the potential series.
“Excited to announce new DJ show. I will NOT be judging this show. Excited to be working with @jadapsmith. Stay tuned!” he tweeted.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here