The rapper and Hip Hop mogul has dedicated some of his time, money and energy in bringing awareness to the issues of poverty Africans are facing in Kenya and Somalia.
He recently visited Kenya and flew to Somalia’s southern border town Dolo, where he encountered thousands women and children fleeing drought and conflict in the nation.
“What I am seeing is devastating — these women and children have risked everything to come to this Somalia camp, just to get food,” Jackson said. “They need our help.”
Somalia has been under siege against famine conditions for over six-months now.
To help in the effort to end the poverty and starvation, 50, also known as Curtis Jackson, teamed with the World Food Programme for his two-day visit.
While in Kenya, he visited children in the Kibera slum, infamous for its high orphan population.
“To meet those kids was so inspiring, they have nothing, yet they are so positive and optimistic,” he said in a statement posted on the U.N. agency’s website. “I want to do my part so they get food and an education. I hope more people will join me to help end this devastating situation.”
Through his latest business effort, Street King energy drink, he is planning to provide one billion meals for the hungry.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here