The 1998 hit was a testament to their’ beef with one another as they competed over the same guy. Now that they’ve grown up and seen a little heartache in their lives, they can now come together in a sisterly way.
Entitled, ‘It All Belongs to Me,” the song captures the anger of two women who’ve been betrayed and hurt by their respective men. (Hear it below.)
“It’s a very soulful R&B song with pop sensibilities,” producer Rico Love told Rap-Up.com. “I wanted to make sure I made it a classic R&B record, but I definitely wanted to make sure that it had enough appeal to cross over and become a Top 40 record.”
Despite the industry’s innate competitive character, Brandy told Rap-Up that she’s excited to do something new with Monica.
“This business is all about competition,” she said. “They forgot about what is the most important, which is two talents coming together. It’s just great to come back and do something with [Monica]. This is definitely a blessing.”
If you haven’t heard the duet, here it is:
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here