The 1998 hit was a testament to their’ beef with one another as they competed over the same guy. Now that they’ve grown up and seen a little heartache in their lives, they can now come together in a sisterly way.
Entitled, ‘It All Belongs to Me,” the song captures the anger of two women who’ve been betrayed and hurt by their respective men. (Hear it below.)
“It’s a very soulful R&B song with pop sensibilities,” producer Rico Love told Rap-Up.com. “I wanted to make sure I made it a classic R&B record, but I definitely wanted to make sure that it had enough appeal to cross over and become a Top 40 record.”
Despite the industry’s innate competitive character, Brandy told Rap-Up that she’s excited to do something new with Monica.
“This business is all about competition,” she said. “They forgot about what is the most important, which is two talents coming together. It’s just great to come back and do something with [Monica]. This is definitely a blessing.”
If you haven’t heard the duet, here it is:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here