The 1998 hit was a testament to their’ beef with one another as they competed over the same guy. Now that they’ve grown up and seen a little heartache in their lives, they can now come together in a sisterly way.
Entitled, ‘It All Belongs to Me,” the song captures the anger of two women who’ve been betrayed and hurt by their respective men. (Hear it below.)
“It’s a very soulful R&B song with pop sensibilities,” producer Rico Love told Rap-Up.com. “I wanted to make sure I made it a classic R&B record, but I definitely wanted to make sure that it had enough appeal to cross over and become a Top 40 record.”
Despite the industry’s innate competitive character, Brandy told Rap-Up that she’s excited to do something new with Monica.
“This business is all about competition,” she said. “They forgot about what is the most important, which is two talents coming together. It’s just great to come back and do something with [Monica]. This is definitely a blessing.”
If you haven’t heard the duet, here it is:
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here