The femcee surprised audiences with her musical version of the exorcist; some were a little nervous, while a few others were scared. But it’s Nicki, what do you expect?
If you missed it, she played up the Roman Catholic Church throughout her performance, in a mocking way according to some opinions, in her visual demonstration of “Roman Holiday.” Some heads turned and others searched for an explanation. But the Church was straight offended by the whole bit.
“I had this vision for Roman for him to be sort of exorcised,” she explained on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS-FM radio show Monday. “People around him tell him he’s not good enough because he’s not normal and he’s not blending in with the Average Joe.”
The performance included a Catholic confession, some demon possession, and dancing monks. Oh and the dramatic end was Minaj ‘levitating’ above the red and white robed dancers.
“The people around him are afraid because they’ve never seen anything like him. He wanted to show that not only is he amazing . . . but he’s never going to change. He’s never going to be exorcised,” Minaj said. “Even when they throw the holy water on him, he still rises above.”
But why did she choose this song for the Grammys?
“The Grammys chose ‘Roman Holiday.’ The producers of the Grammys came to the studio and I played them ‘Roman Holiday,’ and I could not play them another record after they heard that. They went crazy. I could have chosen to do a no-brainer pop song, but I can’t do it anymore. I have to stay true to what I’m doing.”
Listen to Madame Minaj explain her Grammy actions with Ryan Seacrest:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here