*The Bob Marley documentary “Marley,” a production of Shangri-La Entertainment/Tuff Gong Pictures, will premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival this weekend.
The film is scheduled for theatrical release in North America and the UK on April 20, then will roll out worldwide throughout the summer to coincide with the 50th anniversary year of Jamaican Independence, according to Deadline.com.
Director Kevin Macdonald, Bob Marley’s son Rohan Marley and longtime collaborator Neville Garrick will be in Berlin to present the documentary on Feb. 12.
Filming took place in Ghana, Japan and the UK as well as in Jamaica and the U.S. It’s the first time Marley’s family has authorized use of their private archives.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here