*The Bob Marley documentary “Marley,” a production of Shangri-La Entertainment/Tuff Gong Pictures, will premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival this weekend.
The film is scheduled for theatrical release in North America and the UK on April 20, then will roll out worldwide throughout the summer to coincide with the 50th anniversary year of Jamaican Independence, according to Deadline.com.
Director Kevin Macdonald, Bob Marley’s son Rohan Marley and longtime collaborator Neville Garrick will be in Berlin to present the documentary on Feb. 12.
Filming took place in Ghana, Japan and the UK as well as in Jamaica and the U.S. It’s the first time Marley’s family has authorized use of their private archives.
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here