*The Bob Marley documentary “Marley,” a production of Shangri-La Entertainment/Tuff Gong Pictures, will premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival this weekend.
The film is scheduled for theatrical release in North America and the UK on April 20, then will roll out worldwide throughout the summer to coincide with the 50th anniversary year of Jamaican Independence, according to Deadline.com.
Director Kevin Macdonald, Bob Marley’s son Rohan Marley and longtime collaborator Neville Garrick will be in Berlin to present the documentary on Feb. 12.
Filming took place in Ghana, Japan and the UK as well as in Jamaica and the U.S. It’s the first time Marley’s family has authorized use of their private archives.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here