*Former Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick sprung into superhero mode over the weekend after he witnessed a van flip over while driving along Interstate 17 near Black Canyon in Phoenix, Ariz., Azfamily.com reports.
Patrick, 27, was driving in his Lamborghini when the accident happened. He rushed to the scene and saw people trapped inside. Patrick said he smelled gasoline and immediately started pulling people from the wreckage with the help of some of his friends and strangers.
“My first thought was just to help the people on the inside,” Patrick said. “I ran over and I looked in the front window and everybody was laying sideways and I debated on kicking the window in, but I didn’t want to get glass over everyone.”
Patrick called it an “out of body experience” but insisted to WSAV.com that he isn’t a hero.
“That’s what I was raised to do,” he said. “If people need help you help.”
Patrick is best known for catching a touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. He did not play in 2011, but according to Yahoo!’s “Shutdown Corner,” he is hoping to play for the Carolina Panthers in 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here