*Former Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick sprung into superhero mode over the weekend after he witnessed a van flip over while driving along Interstate 17 near Black Canyon in Phoenix, Ariz., Azfamily.com reports.
Patrick, 27, was driving in his Lamborghini when the accident happened. He rushed to the scene and saw people trapped inside. Patrick said he smelled gasoline and immediately started pulling people from the wreckage with the help of some of his friends and strangers.
“My first thought was just to help the people on the inside,” Patrick said. “I ran over and I looked in the front window and everybody was laying sideways and I debated on kicking the window in, but I didn’t want to get glass over everyone.”
Patrick called it an “out of body experience” but insisted to WSAV.com that he isn’t a hero.
“That’s what I was raised to do,” he said. “If people need help you help.”
Patrick is best known for catching a touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. He did not play in 2011, but according to Yahoo!’s “Shutdown Corner,” he is hoping to play for the Carolina Panthers in 2012.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here