*Former Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick sprung into superhero mode over the weekend after he witnessed a van flip over while driving along Interstate 17 near Black Canyon in Phoenix, Ariz., Azfamily.com reports.
Patrick, 27, was driving in his Lamborghini when the accident happened. He rushed to the scene and saw people trapped inside. Patrick said he smelled gasoline and immediately started pulling people from the wreckage with the help of some of his friends and strangers.
“My first thought was just to help the people on the inside,” Patrick said. “I ran over and I looked in the front window and everybody was laying sideways and I debated on kicking the window in, but I didn’t want to get glass over everyone.”
Patrick called it an “out of body experience” but insisted to WSAV.com that he isn’t a hero.
“That’s what I was raised to do,” he said. “If people need help you help.”
Patrick is best known for catching a touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. He did not play in 2011, but according to Yahoo!’s “Shutdown Corner,” he is hoping to play for the Carolina Panthers in 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here