*Former Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick sprung into superhero mode over the weekend after he witnessed a van flip over while driving along Interstate 17 near Black Canyon in Phoenix, Ariz., Azfamily.com reports.
Patrick, 27, was driving in his Lamborghini when the accident happened. He rushed to the scene and saw people trapped inside. Patrick said he smelled gasoline and immediately started pulling people from the wreckage with the help of some of his friends and strangers.
“My first thought was just to help the people on the inside,” Patrick said. “I ran over and I looked in the front window and everybody was laying sideways and I debated on kicking the window in, but I didn’t want to get glass over everyone.”
Patrick called it an “out of body experience” but insisted to WSAV.com that he isn’t a hero.
“That’s what I was raised to do,” he said. “If people need help you help.”
Patrick is best known for catching a touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. He did not play in 2011, but according to Yahoo!’s “Shutdown Corner,” he is hoping to play for the Carolina Panthers in 2012.
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here