*Sony Pictures has preemptively acquired “One Hit Wonders,” a pitch for a musical comedy from “Glee” co-creator Ryan Murphy that has Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, plus Beyonce and Andy Samberg attached to star, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
Diaz, Paltrow and Witherspoon are to play singers who had a few hit songs in the 1990s but have fallen by the way side since, and then team up to in an attempt to find new glory.
Sources caution that although the actors are attached, no deals are made with them. Whether all the cast makes it in front of the camera will depend on the script and availability.
The plan is for Murphy to direct the movie after he wraps work on the AIDS drama “The Normal Heart.” He will write the script with Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here