*Sony Pictures has preemptively acquired “One Hit Wonders,” a pitch for a musical comedy from “Glee” co-creator Ryan Murphy that has Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, plus Beyonce and Andy Samberg attached to star, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
Diaz, Paltrow and Witherspoon are to play singers who had a few hit songs in the 1990s but have fallen by the way side since, and then team up to in an attempt to find new glory.
Sources caution that although the actors are attached, no deals are made with them. Whether all the cast makes it in front of the camera will depend on the script and availability.
The plan is for Murphy to direct the movie after he wraps work on the AIDS drama “The Normal Heart.” He will write the script with Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here