*Sony Pictures has preemptively acquired “One Hit Wonders,” a pitch for a musical comedy from “Glee” co-creator Ryan Murphy that has Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, plus Beyonce and Andy Samberg attached to star, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
Diaz, Paltrow and Witherspoon are to play singers who had a few hit songs in the 1990s but have fallen by the way side since, and then team up to in an attempt to find new glory.
Sources caution that although the actors are attached, no deals are made with them. Whether all the cast makes it in front of the camera will depend on the script and availability.
The plan is for Murphy to direct the movie after he wraps work on the AIDS drama “The Normal Heart.” He will write the script with Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here