*Sony Pictures has preemptively acquired “One Hit Wonders,” a pitch for a musical comedy from “Glee” co-creator Ryan Murphy that has Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, plus Beyonce and Andy Samberg attached to star, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
Diaz, Paltrow and Witherspoon are to play singers who had a few hit songs in the 1990s but have fallen by the way side since, and then team up to in an attempt to find new glory.
Sources caution that although the actors are attached, no deals are made with them. Whether all the cast makes it in front of the camera will depend on the script and availability.
The plan is for Murphy to direct the movie after he wraps work on the AIDS drama “The Normal Heart.” He will write the script with Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here