The parents understand that their child is bound for greatness and will be the envy of many. So they decided, just four weeks after her birth, to trade mark Blue Ivy’s name.
Maybe diva Beyonce will use her name for a line of baby products or a snazzy fashion line.
But get this, the parents were nearly too late, since fashion designer Joseph Mbeh submitted an application to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter NYC” on Jan. 11, four days after the baby was born. Also, someone else filed on Jan. 20 for “Blue Ivy Carter Glory IV” for a line of fragrances.
She’s going to be famous.
As far as Mbeh is concerned, he allegedly planned to use the name to produce children’s clothing and pitch the idea to the new parents.
Although Beyonce’s trademark application for BGK Trademark Holdings is still pending, according to reports, the baby’s name is final, since parents have the right to trademark their minor children’s names.
Read/learn MORE at the Washington Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here