*At the close of Bill Maher’s comedy special “CrazyStupidPolitics: Live from Silicon Valley” Thursday night, which streamed live on Yahoo, the comedian brought out a check and pledged a personal donation of $1 million dollars to President Obama’s SuperPAC, Priorities USA Action, reports Deadline.com.
According to his longtime publicist Sarah Fuller, he explained that having a country governed by Barack Obama rather than any of the Republican candidates is “worth a million dollars” and said “this is the wisest investment I think I could make.”
He also encouraged other wealthy liberals like himself to do the same. Maher’s pledge comes at a time when Hollywood financial support for President Obama’s re-election has been ebbing rather than flowing, according to Deadline.
Maher’s longrunning HBO show, “Real Time With Bill Maher,” is currently in its 10th season. In his nearly 20 years hosting political talk shows, Maher has earned 27 Emmy nominations but has never won in what is the longest such losing streak on record.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here