*At the close of Bill Maher’s comedy special “CrazyStupidPolitics: Live from Silicon Valley” Thursday night, which streamed live on Yahoo, the comedian brought out a check and pledged a personal donation of $1 million dollars to President Obama’s SuperPAC, Priorities USA Action, reports Deadline.com.
According to his longtime publicist Sarah Fuller, he explained that having a country governed by Barack Obama rather than any of the Republican candidates is “worth a million dollars” and said “this is the wisest investment I think I could make.”
He also encouraged other wealthy liberals like himself to do the same. Maher’s pledge comes at a time when Hollywood financial support for President Obama’s re-election has been ebbing rather than flowing, according to Deadline.
Maher’s longrunning HBO show, “Real Time With Bill Maher,” is currently in its 10th season. In his nearly 20 years hosting political talk shows, Maher has earned 27 Emmy nominations but has never won in what is the longest such losing streak on record.
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here