*Bobby Brown is denying reports that he’s getting the cold shoulder from Whitney Houston’s family, and won’t be allowed to attend her funeral as he supports their daughter, a source close to the singer tells ABC News.
TMZ reported Tuesday evening that Brown was being frozen out of attending the service by some of Whitney’s family members, but the source told ABC News that Brown had actually been contacted about going to the funeral.
As previously reported, Houston will be laid to rest after a private, invitation-only funeral service in New Jersey.
“Whitney Houston’s funeral will be held at noon on Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark,” Carolyn Wigham, the owner of the Wigham Funeral Home, told reporters Tuesday. New Hope is the same church where Houston honed her powerful voice in the choir.
Bobbi Kristina, Whitney and Bobby’s only child together, was twice hospitalized for stress and anxiety after her mother was found dead in a bathtub Saturday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. Bobbi Kristina had been in L.A. with her mother to attend pre-Grammy festivities. Her father flew to California to be with his daughter Sunday.
The 18-year-old was believed to be in New Jersey with her mother’s family, but Bobby Brown’s camp said she was still in California with her father and other siblings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here