The girls, however didn’t appear that night on stage and instead took the time to remember a mentor and idol.
couple of days before the formerly rivaling singers were scheduled to go on stage, they had a moment or two with Houston as she watched the girls rehearse.
Camera’s caught a little of the action.
“Whitney was at our rehearsal. She’s so funny,” Monica confirmed via Twitter. “She told me U KILLED that run u stole from me at the end of ‘It All Belongs To Me.'” Monica also praised Whitney in an interview during rehearsals.
“It made it feel good when she was in the audience…just reminding us and helping us with sound and doing different things today,” Monica said. “Their expertise—hers or Mr. Davis’—it can’t be found anywhere else.”
As for Brandy, she inherited the daunting task of comforting her shaken brother.
“This is a sad time for Ray J and everyone in the music business that has had the great pleasure of knowing Whitney and enjoying her as a wonderful person and outstanding music artist,” one of Ray’s reps said in a statement. They also took the opportunity to dismiss speculation about the nature of his relationship with Whitney. “Although Ray J maintained a close relationship with Whitney, I cannot comment on any details other than he is mourning over this tremendous loss. Our condolences to her family. She will be missed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here