The girls, however didn’t appear that night on stage and instead took the time to remember a mentor and idol.
couple of days before the formerly rivaling singers were scheduled to go on stage, they had a moment or two with Houston as she watched the girls rehearse.
Camera’s caught a little of the action.
“Whitney was at our rehearsal. She’s so funny,” Monica confirmed via Twitter. “She told me U KILLED that run u stole from me at the end of ‘It All Belongs To Me.'” Monica also praised Whitney in an interview during rehearsals.
“It made it feel good when she was in the audience…just reminding us and helping us with sound and doing different things today,” Monica said. “Their expertise—hers or Mr. Davis’—it can’t be found anywhere else.”
As for Brandy, she inherited the daunting task of comforting her shaken brother.
“This is a sad time for Ray J and everyone in the music business that has had the great pleasure of knowing Whitney and enjoying her as a wonderful person and outstanding music artist,” one of Ray’s reps said in a statement. They also took the opportunity to dismiss speculation about the nature of his relationship with Whitney. “Although Ray J maintained a close relationship with Whitney, I cannot comment on any details other than he is mourning over this tremendous loss. Our condolences to her family. She will be missed.”
- D.L. Hughley: If Trump Says 'N*gger’ He'll be Elected Tomorrow (WATCH)
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cousin Admits Being Barred From Burial
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here