The girls, however didn’t appear that night on stage and instead took the time to remember a mentor and idol.
couple of days before the formerly rivaling singers were scheduled to go on stage, they had a moment or two with Houston as she watched the girls rehearse.
Camera’s caught a little of the action.
“Whitney was at our rehearsal. She’s so funny,” Monica confirmed via Twitter. “She told me U KILLED that run u stole from me at the end of ‘It All Belongs To Me.'” Monica also praised Whitney in an interview during rehearsals.
“It made it feel good when she was in the audience…just reminding us and helping us with sound and doing different things today,” Monica said. “Their expertise—hers or Mr. Davis’—it can’t be found anywhere else.”
As for Brandy, she inherited the daunting task of comforting her shaken brother.
“This is a sad time for Ray J and everyone in the music business that has had the great pleasure of knowing Whitney and enjoying her as a wonderful person and outstanding music artist,” one of Ray’s reps said in a statement. They also took the opportunity to dismiss speculation about the nature of his relationship with Whitney. “Although Ray J maintained a close relationship with Whitney, I cannot comment on any details other than he is mourning over this tremendous loss. Our condolences to her family. She will be missed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here