The girls, however didn’t appear that night on stage and instead took the time to remember a mentor and idol.
couple of days before the formerly rivaling singers were scheduled to go on stage, they had a moment or two with Houston as she watched the girls rehearse.
Camera’s caught a little of the action.
“Whitney was at our rehearsal. She’s so funny,” Monica confirmed via Twitter. “She told me U KILLED that run u stole from me at the end of ‘It All Belongs To Me.'” Monica also praised Whitney in an interview during rehearsals.
“It made it feel good when she was in the audience…just reminding us and helping us with sound and doing different things today,” Monica said. “Their expertise—hers or Mr. Davis’—it can’t be found anywhere else.”
As for Brandy, she inherited the daunting task of comforting her shaken brother.
“This is a sad time for Ray J and everyone in the music business that has had the great pleasure of knowing Whitney and enjoying her as a wonderful person and outstanding music artist,” one of Ray’s reps said in a statement. They also took the opportunity to dismiss speculation about the nature of his relationship with Whitney. “Although Ray J maintained a close relationship with Whitney, I cannot comment on any details other than he is mourning over this tremendous loss. Our condolences to her family. She will be missed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here