The girls, however didn’t appear that night on stage and instead took the time to remember a mentor and idol.
couple of days before the formerly rivaling singers were scheduled to go on stage, they had a moment or two with Houston as she watched the girls rehearse.
Camera’s caught a little of the action.
“Whitney was at our rehearsal. She’s so funny,” Monica confirmed via Twitter. “She told me U KILLED that run u stole from me at the end of ‘It All Belongs To Me.'” Monica also praised Whitney in an interview during rehearsals.
“It made it feel good when she was in the audience…just reminding us and helping us with sound and doing different things today,” Monica said. “Their expertise—hers or Mr. Davis’—it can’t be found anywhere else.”
As for Brandy, she inherited the daunting task of comforting her shaken brother.
“This is a sad time for Ray J and everyone in the music business that has had the great pleasure of knowing Whitney and enjoying her as a wonderful person and outstanding music artist,” one of Ray’s reps said in a statement. They also took the opportunity to dismiss speculation about the nature of his relationship with Whitney. “Although Ray J maintained a close relationship with Whitney, I cannot comment on any details other than he is mourning over this tremendous loss. Our condolences to her family. She will be missed.”
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here