*CeCe Winans, godmother to Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, is promising to be “very involved” in the 18-year-old’s life, a source tells E! Online’s Marc Malkin.
The celebrated gospel singer and longtime friend of Houston has reportedly “been praying regularly specifically for Bobbi Kristina,” according to the source.
Soon after learning of Houston’s death, Winans, who lives in Nashville with her husband and their two children, issued a statement to E! News:
“I have no words to express how I feel. Whitney was not just a friend but a sister and I am going to miss her voice, her humor but mostly her friendship. She was undoubtedly one of the greatest singers of all time but she was also a great person. Please keep her family in prayer and the best way to honor her is to be reminded that tomorrow is not promised to any of us so love God and love each other.”
She also tweeted, “I LOVED her SO much, but God loved her more. I pray she’s resting in His arms!”
As previously reported, CeCe’s brother, the Rev. Marvin Winans, will deliver Houston’s eulogy at her funeral on Saturday in New Jersey.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here