*CeCe Winans, godmother to Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, is promising to be “very involved” in the 18-year-old’s life, a source tells E! Online’s Marc Malkin.
The celebrated gospel singer and longtime friend of Houston has reportedly “been praying regularly specifically for Bobbi Kristina,” according to the source.
Soon after learning of Houston’s death, Winans, who lives in Nashville with her husband and their two children, issued a statement to E! News:
“I have no words to express how I feel. Whitney was not just a friend but a sister and I am going to miss her voice, her humor but mostly her friendship. She was undoubtedly one of the greatest singers of all time but she was also a great person. Please keep her family in prayer and the best way to honor her is to be reminded that tomorrow is not promised to any of us so love God and love each other.”
She also tweeted, “I LOVED her SO much, but God loved her more. I pray she’s resting in His arms!”
As previously reported, CeCe’s brother, the Rev. Marvin Winans, will deliver Houston’s eulogy at her funeral on Saturday in New Jersey.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here