*CeCe Winans, godmother to Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, is promising to be “very involved” in the 18-year-old’s life, a source tells E! Online’s Marc Malkin.
The celebrated gospel singer and longtime friend of Houston has reportedly “been praying regularly specifically for Bobbi Kristina,” according to the source.
Soon after learning of Houston’s death, Winans, who lives in Nashville with her husband and their two children, issued a statement to E! News:
“I have no words to express how I feel. Whitney was not just a friend but a sister and I am going to miss her voice, her humor but mostly her friendship. She was undoubtedly one of the greatest singers of all time but she was also a great person. Please keep her family in prayer and the best way to honor her is to be reminded that tomorrow is not promised to any of us so love God and love each other.”
She also tweeted, “I LOVED her SO much, but God loved her more. I pray she’s resting in His arms!”
As previously reported, CeCe’s brother, the Rev. Marvin Winans, will deliver Houston’s eulogy at her funeral on Saturday in New Jersey.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here