According to WBBM Newsradio, the West 69th Street, where Mac grew up will inherit his name and be called Bernie Mac Street.
The dedication ceremony is set to begin at 10 a.m. today, Tuesday at 69th and Sangamon streets.
The comedian was born in 1957 in Chicago and grew up on the South Side. At the tender age of 19, he began telling jokes as a standup comic in his home city, often appearing at the Regal Theater.
He starred in the hit Fox TV comedy series “The Bernie Mac Show” from 2001 to 2006.
The Mac Man is also known for his comedic role in stand-up comedy film “Kings of Comedy.”
He passed away Aug. 9, 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here