According to WBBM Newsradio, the West 69th Street, where Mac grew up will inherit his name and be called Bernie Mac Street.
The dedication ceremony is set to begin at 10 a.m. today, Tuesday at 69th and Sangamon streets.
The comedian was born in 1957 in Chicago and grew up on the South Side. At the tender age of 19, he began telling jokes as a standup comic in his home city, often appearing at the Regal Theater.
He starred in the hit Fox TV comedy series “The Bernie Mac Show” from 2001 to 2006.
The Mac Man is also known for his comedic role in stand-up comedy film “Kings of Comedy.”
He passed away Aug. 9, 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here