According to WBBM Newsradio, the West 69th Street, where Mac grew up will inherit his name and be called Bernie Mac Street.
The dedication ceremony is set to begin at 10 a.m. today, Tuesday at 69th and Sangamon streets.
The comedian was born in 1957 in Chicago and grew up on the South Side. At the tender age of 19, he began telling jokes as a standup comic in his home city, often appearing at the Regal Theater.
He starred in the hit Fox TV comedy series “The Bernie Mac Show” from 2001 to 2006.
The Mac Man is also known for his comedic role in stand-up comedy film “Kings of Comedy.”
He passed away Aug. 9, 2008.
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here