According to WBBM Newsradio, the West 69th Street, where Mac grew up will inherit his name and be called Bernie Mac Street.
The dedication ceremony is set to begin at 10 a.m. today, Tuesday at 69th and Sangamon streets.
The comedian was born in 1957 in Chicago and grew up on the South Side. At the tender age of 19, he began telling jokes as a standup comic in his home city, often appearing at the Regal Theater.
He starred in the hit Fox TV comedy series “The Bernie Mac Show” from 2001 to 2006.
The Mac Man is also known for his comedic role in stand-up comedy film “Kings of Comedy.”
He passed away Aug. 9, 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here