*Chris Rock is said to be writing a script for a romantic comedy he hopes will star him and “Bridesmaids” Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy.
“I’m trying to romance her,” Rock tells the Los Angeles Times of the untitled screenplay.
He’s trying to persuade McCarthy to play his wife, one half of a dysfunctional duo he describes as a “Jerry Springer couple.”
Rock told the Times he’s also writing new stand-up material and another screenplay, in which he’ll play a stand-up comedian. His latest movie, the comedy “2 Days in New York” with Julie Delpy, premiered last month at Sundance.
McCarthy, meanwhile, is currently starring in the CBS comedy “Mike & Molly.” Her upcoming movie projects include Judd Apatow’s “Knocked Up” sequel “This Is 40,” the crime comedy “Identity Theft,” with Jason Bateman; and “Tammy,” an Annie Mumolo-written comedy about a wife who tries to steal the Stanley Cup for her terminally ill husband.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here