*Chris Rock is said to be writing a script for a romantic comedy he hopes will star him and “Bridesmaids” Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy.
“I’m trying to romance her,” Rock tells the Los Angeles Times of the untitled screenplay.
He’s trying to persuade McCarthy to play his wife, one half of a dysfunctional duo he describes as a “Jerry Springer couple.”
Rock told the Times he’s also writing new stand-up material and another screenplay, in which he’ll play a stand-up comedian. His latest movie, the comedy “2 Days in New York” with Julie Delpy, premiered last month at Sundance.
McCarthy, meanwhile, is currently starring in the CBS comedy “Mike & Molly.” Her upcoming movie projects include Judd Apatow’s “Knocked Up” sequel “This Is 40,” the crime comedy “Identity Theft,” with Jason Bateman; and “Tammy,” an Annie Mumolo-written comedy about a wife who tries to steal the Stanley Cup for her terminally ill husband.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here