*Chris Rock is said to be writing a script for a romantic comedy he hopes will star him and “Bridesmaids” Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy.
“I’m trying to romance her,” Rock tells the Los Angeles Times of the untitled screenplay.
He’s trying to persuade McCarthy to play his wife, one half of a dysfunctional duo he describes as a “Jerry Springer couple.”
Rock told the Times he’s also writing new stand-up material and another screenplay, in which he’ll play a stand-up comedian. His latest movie, the comedy “2 Days in New York” with Julie Delpy, premiered last month at Sundance.
McCarthy, meanwhile, is currently starring in the CBS comedy “Mike & Molly.” Her upcoming movie projects include Judd Apatow’s “Knocked Up” sequel “This Is 40,” the crime comedy “Identity Theft,” with Jason Bateman; and “Tammy,” an Annie Mumolo-written comedy about a wife who tries to steal the Stanley Cup for her terminally ill husband.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here