*Chris Rock is said to be writing a script for a romantic comedy he hopes will star him and “Bridesmaids” Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy.
“I’m trying to romance her,” Rock tells the Los Angeles Times of the untitled screenplay.
He’s trying to persuade McCarthy to play his wife, one half of a dysfunctional duo he describes as a “Jerry Springer couple.”
Rock told the Times he’s also writing new stand-up material and another screenplay, in which he’ll play a stand-up comedian. His latest movie, the comedy “2 Days in New York” with Julie Delpy, premiered last month at Sundance.
McCarthy, meanwhile, is currently starring in the CBS comedy “Mike & Molly.” Her upcoming movie projects include Judd Apatow’s “Knocked Up” sequel “This Is 40,” the crime comedy “Identity Theft,” with Jason Bateman; and “Tammy,” an Annie Mumolo-written comedy about a wife who tries to steal the Stanley Cup for her terminally ill husband.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here