*Chris Rock is said to be writing a script for a romantic comedy he hopes will star him and “Bridesmaids” Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy.
“I’m trying to romance her,” Rock tells the Los Angeles Times of the untitled screenplay.
He’s trying to persuade McCarthy to play his wife, one half of a dysfunctional duo he describes as a “Jerry Springer couple.”
Rock told the Times he’s also writing new stand-up material and another screenplay, in which he’ll play a stand-up comedian. His latest movie, the comedy “2 Days in New York” with Julie Delpy, premiered last month at Sundance.
McCarthy, meanwhile, is currently starring in the CBS comedy “Mike & Molly.” Her upcoming movie projects include Judd Apatow’s “Knocked Up” sequel “This Is 40,” the crime comedy “Identity Theft,” with Jason Bateman; and “Tammy,” an Annie Mumolo-written comedy about a wife who tries to steal the Stanley Cup for her terminally ill husband.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here