*Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston is under siege after a former volunteer filed a $10 million lawsuit for negligence, claiming molestation accusations stemming from 2010 ruined his reputation.
In Feb. 2010, a fellow volunteer accused Daniel Alvaro Guzman, now 26, of sexually molesting an 8-year-old autistic boy during children’s ministry at Lakewood Church, says the Christian Post.
At the time of the charge, prosecutor Tina Ansari told ABC News 13 that one of two other chaperones allegedly “observed [Guzman] picking up an eight-year-old boy and touching him on his genital area.”
Guzman was arrested and charged nearly a year later, in May 2011, with one count of indecency with a child and released on $10,000 bail. Guzman was cleared of the charges in July 2011, when a Harris County grand jury declined to indict him.
Guzman is now suing the mega-church, led by televangelist Osteen, for not properly investigating or responding to the molestation allegations.
Read the full story ChristianPost.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here