*Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston is under siege after a former volunteer filed a $10 million lawsuit for negligence, claiming molestation accusations stemming from 2010 ruined his reputation.
In Feb. 2010, a fellow volunteer accused Daniel Alvaro Guzman, now 26, of sexually molesting an 8-year-old autistic boy during children’s ministry at Lakewood Church, says the Christian Post.
At the time of the charge, prosecutor Tina Ansari told ABC News 13 that one of two other chaperones allegedly “observed [Guzman] picking up an eight-year-old boy and touching him on his genital area.”
Guzman was arrested and charged nearly a year later, in May 2011, with one count of indecency with a child and released on $10,000 bail. Guzman was cleared of the charges in July 2011, when a Harris County grand jury declined to indict him.
Guzman is now suing the mega-church, led by televangelist Osteen, for not properly investigating or responding to the molestation allegations.
Read the full story ChristianPost.
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here