*Coroner’s officials on Tuesday ruled Don Cornelius’ death a suicide, nearly a week after the “Soul Train” creator and host shot himself to death.
The agency made the determination after conducting an autopsy on Cornelius’ body Friday. Investigators are still awaiting the results of toxicology tests before issuing a final report.
Police quickly ruled out foul play after responding to Cornelius’ Mulholland Drive home early Wednesday morning. His son had alerted authorities after receiving a call from his father.
Cornelius, 75, was honored Saturday in Harlem with a lively celebration in tribute to Cornelius and the wide-ranging influence of his show.
His son, Tony Cornelius, released a statement last week asking for privacy and thanking fans.
“We thank all the well-wishers and the fans who have supported the ‘Soul Train’ legacy. Love, Peace and Soul,” the statement read, incorporating his father’s famous sign-off from the show.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here