*Coroner’s officials on Tuesday ruled Don Cornelius’ death a suicide, nearly a week after the “Soul Train” creator and host shot himself to death.
The agency made the determination after conducting an autopsy on Cornelius’ body Friday. Investigators are still awaiting the results of toxicology tests before issuing a final report.
Police quickly ruled out foul play after responding to Cornelius’ Mulholland Drive home early Wednesday morning. His son had alerted authorities after receiving a call from his father.
Cornelius, 75, was honored Saturday in Harlem with a lively celebration in tribute to Cornelius and the wide-ranging influence of his show.
His son, Tony Cornelius, released a statement last week asking for privacy and thanking fans.
“We thank all the well-wishers and the fans who have supported the ‘Soul Train’ legacy. Love, Peace and Soul,” the statement read, incorporating his father’s famous sign-off from the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here