*Coroner’s officials on Tuesday ruled Don Cornelius’ death a suicide, nearly a week after the “Soul Train” creator and host shot himself to death.
The agency made the determination after conducting an autopsy on Cornelius’ body Friday. Investigators are still awaiting the results of toxicology tests before issuing a final report.
Police quickly ruled out foul play after responding to Cornelius’ Mulholland Drive home early Wednesday morning. His son had alerted authorities after receiving a call from his father.
Cornelius, 75, was honored Saturday in Harlem with a lively celebration in tribute to Cornelius and the wide-ranging influence of his show.
His son, Tony Cornelius, released a statement last week asking for privacy and thanking fans.
“We thank all the well-wishers and the fans who have supported the ‘Soul Train’ legacy. Love, Peace and Soul,” the statement read, incorporating his father’s famous sign-off from the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here