*Oscar winner Cuba Gooding Jr. is coming to series television.
The actor has been cast as the lead of Fox’s Greg Berlanti legal drama pilot “Guilty,” The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Guilty centers on William “Billy” Remz (Gooding), an ethically questionable defense attorney who has been stripped of his license to practice law after being falsely convicted of fraud. He uses unorthodox techniques to solve cases he’s been banned from handling — and exacts revenge upon those who set him up.
Should the pilot be picked up, it would mark Gooding’s first regular series television gig.
He’ll co-star in the pilot with Eva Amurri Martino, who will play Lily, an attorney who works closely with Billy. Julian Morris also stars in the drama written by Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, who will executive produce alongside Peter Johnson.
McG is on board to direct the pilot from Warner Bros. Television, Bonanza Productions, Berlanti Productions and Wonderland Sound and Vision.
Meanwhile, Gooding is also set to star in ABC’s Hallmark Hall of Fame TV movie “Firelight,” to premiere Sunday, April 22 at 9-11 p.m.
He’ll play Dwayne Johnson, nicknamed DJ, a counselor at a youth correctional facility where “the incarcerated girls and young women come from trouble, often violent, backgrounds.” Co-starring in the telepic are DeWanda Wise, Yakina Horn and Q’Orianka Kilcher.
Firelight is directed by Darnell Martin (“Cadillac Records”) and written by Ligiah Villalobos. Brent Shields, Alicia Keys and Mary Martin serve as executive producers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Gets Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here