*Denzel Washington, in the midst of talk show rounds for his current film “Safe House,” is reportedly negotiating to star in another action drama involving Universal Pictures.
Deadline.com reports the Oscar winner is in early talks to join Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns,” a film based on a Steven Grant graphic novel published by Boom! Studios. The story follows a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money.
Baltasar Kormakur will direct the film, fresh from the Universal remake of his own film “Contraband,” which starred Wahlberg. The script was written by Blake Masters. The financing of the film is still coming together.
In addition to “Safe House,” opening Friday, Washington just wrapped the Robert Zemeckis-directed “Flight,” playing a pilot with a sobriety problem who pulls off a Sully-like landing of a commercial airliner and saves the passengers, only to see his dark secret surface.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here