*Denzel Washington, in the midst of talk show rounds for his current film “Safe House,” is reportedly negotiating to star in another action drama involving Universal Pictures.
Deadline.com reports the Oscar winner is in early talks to join Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns,” a film based on a Steven Grant graphic novel published by Boom! Studios. The story follows a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money.
Baltasar Kormakur will direct the film, fresh from the Universal remake of his own film “Contraband,” which starred Wahlberg. The script was written by Blake Masters. The financing of the film is still coming together.
In addition to “Safe House,” opening Friday, Washington just wrapped the Robert Zemeckis-directed “Flight,” playing a pilot with a sobriety problem who pulls off a Sully-like landing of a commercial airliner and saves the passengers, only to see his dark secret surface.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here