*Denzel Washington, in the midst of talk show rounds for his current film “Safe House,” is reportedly negotiating to star in another action drama involving Universal Pictures.
Deadline.com reports the Oscar winner is in early talks to join Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns,” a film based on a Steven Grant graphic novel published by Boom! Studios. The story follows a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money.
Baltasar Kormakur will direct the film, fresh from the Universal remake of his own film “Contraband,” which starred Wahlberg. The script was written by Blake Masters. The financing of the film is still coming together.
In addition to “Safe House,” opening Friday, Washington just wrapped the Robert Zemeckis-directed “Flight,” playing a pilot with a sobriety problem who pulls off a Sully-like landing of a commercial airliner and saves the passengers, only to see his dark secret surface.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here