*Denzel Washington, in the midst of talk show rounds for his current film “Safe House,” is reportedly negotiating to star in another action drama involving Universal Pictures.
Deadline.com reports the Oscar winner is in early talks to join Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns,” a film based on a Steven Grant graphic novel published by Boom! Studios. The story follows a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money.
Baltasar Kormakur will direct the film, fresh from the Universal remake of his own film “Contraband,” which starred Wahlberg. The script was written by Blake Masters. The financing of the film is still coming together.
In addition to “Safe House,” opening Friday, Washington just wrapped the Robert Zemeckis-directed “Flight,” playing a pilot with a sobriety problem who pulls off a Sully-like landing of a commercial airliner and saves the passengers, only to see his dark secret surface.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here