*Denzel Washington, in the midst of talk show rounds for his current film “Safe House,” is reportedly negotiating to star in another action drama involving Universal Pictures.
Deadline.com reports the Oscar winner is in early talks to join Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns,” a film based on a Steven Grant graphic novel published by Boom! Studios. The story follows a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money.
Baltasar Kormakur will direct the film, fresh from the Universal remake of his own film “Contraband,” which starred Wahlberg. The script was written by Blake Masters. The financing of the film is still coming together.
In addition to “Safe House,” opening Friday, Washington just wrapped the Robert Zemeckis-directed “Flight,” playing a pilot with a sobriety problem who pulls off a Sully-like landing of a commercial airliner and saves the passengers, only to see his dark secret surface.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here