The Hip Hop mogul won it for executive producing the football flick for best documentary.
Movie partner and director T.J. Martin was overwhelmed with the award and forgot where he was. The guy dropped the f-bomb while accepting the award, but rightfully so because he is the first black director to win an Oscar.
The film opened in February 2011 and follows the highs and lows of underfunded and underprivileged high school football team from Tennessee.
The story just happened to be something close to Diddy’s heart.
“When I was coming up and I went to high school, it was my dream to be a football player and I broke my leg in the last day of camp,” Diddy recently told ET. “The movie really moved me in a personal way, but it could touch people in so many other ways.”
He later went to Twitter to thank his fans and family, writing, “Dreams do come true!!!!! #undefeated!!!! Let’s go!!!”
Here’s Diddy on his involvement with “The Undefeated”:
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here