The Hip Hop mogul won it for executive producing the football flick for best documentary.
Movie partner and director T.J. Martin was overwhelmed with the award and forgot where he was. The guy dropped the f-bomb while accepting the award, but rightfully so because he is the first black director to win an Oscar.
The film opened in February 2011 and follows the highs and lows of underfunded and underprivileged high school football team from Tennessee.
The story just happened to be something close to Diddy’s heart.
“When I was coming up and I went to high school, it was my dream to be a football player and I broke my leg in the last day of camp,” Diddy recently told ET. “The movie really moved me in a personal way, but it could touch people in so many other ways.”
He later went to Twitter to thank his fans and family, writing, “Dreams do come true!!!!! #undefeated!!!! Let’s go!!!”
Here’s Diddy on his involvement with “The Undefeated”:
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here