The Hip Hop mogul won it for executive producing the football flick for best documentary.
Movie partner and director T.J. Martin was overwhelmed with the award and forgot where he was. The guy dropped the f-bomb while accepting the award, but rightfully so because he is the first black director to win an Oscar.
The film opened in February 2011 and follows the highs and lows of underfunded and underprivileged high school football team from Tennessee.
The story just happened to be something close to Diddy’s heart.
“When I was coming up and I went to high school, it was my dream to be a football player and I broke my leg in the last day of camp,” Diddy recently told ET. “The movie really moved me in a personal way, but it could touch people in so many other ways.”
He later went to Twitter to thank his fans and family, writing, “Dreams do come true!!!!! #undefeated!!!! Let’s go!!!”
Here’s Diddy on his involvement with “The Undefeated”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here