The Hip Hop mogul won it for executive producing the football flick for best documentary.
Movie partner and director T.J. Martin was overwhelmed with the award and forgot where he was. The guy dropped the f-bomb while accepting the award, but rightfully so because he is the first black director to win an Oscar.
The film opened in February 2011 and follows the highs and lows of underfunded and underprivileged high school football team from Tennessee.
The story just happened to be something close to Diddy’s heart.
“When I was coming up and I went to high school, it was my dream to be a football player and I broke my leg in the last day of camp,” Diddy recently told ET. “The movie really moved me in a personal way, but it could touch people in so many other ways.”
He later went to Twitter to thank his fans and family, writing, “Dreams do come true!!!!! #undefeated!!!! Let’s go!!!”
Here’s Diddy on his involvement with “The Undefeated”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here