*A private cremation ceremony was held on Thursday at Forest Lawn for Don Cornelius, among an intimate group of friends and family, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who led prayer in Don’s honor, according to spokesperson Karen Sundell.
The Rev. Jackson, a longtime, close friend and confidant of Cornelius, will also lead the eulogy at a private memorial service for the pop cultural icon, set for February 16 at Forest Lawn.
“The Rev. Jackson and my father were very, very close friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way,” stated Tony Cornelius, the son of the Soul Tran founder.
Although the upcoming memorial will be private, Tony Cornelius is working with a media partner to provide a pool feed of the event in order to share the moment with all of the fans and well-wishers who’ve shown their support across the nation.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here