*A private cremation ceremony was held on Thursday at Forest Lawn for Don Cornelius, among an intimate group of friends and family, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who led prayer in Don’s honor, according to spokesperson Karen Sundell.
The Rev. Jackson, a longtime, close friend and confidant of Cornelius, will also lead the eulogy at a private memorial service for the pop cultural icon, set for February 16 at Forest Lawn.
“The Rev. Jackson and my father were very, very close friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way,” stated Tony Cornelius, the son of the Soul Tran founder.
Although the upcoming memorial will be private, Tony Cornelius is working with a media partner to provide a pool feed of the event in order to share the moment with all of the fans and well-wishers who’ve shown their support across the nation.
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here