*A private cremation ceremony was held on Thursday at Forest Lawn for Don Cornelius, among an intimate group of friends and family, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who led prayer in Don’s honor, according to spokesperson Karen Sundell.
The Rev. Jackson, a longtime, close friend and confidant of Cornelius, will also lead the eulogy at a private memorial service for the pop cultural icon, set for February 16 at Forest Lawn.
“The Rev. Jackson and my father were very, very close friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way,” stated Tony Cornelius, the son of the Soul Tran founder.
Although the upcoming memorial will be private, Tony Cornelius is working with a media partner to provide a pool feed of the event in order to share the moment with all of the fans and well-wishers who’ve shown their support across the nation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here