*A private cremation ceremony was held on Thursday at Forest Lawn for Don Cornelius, among an intimate group of friends and family, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who led prayer in Don’s honor, according to spokesperson Karen Sundell.
The Rev. Jackson, a longtime, close friend and confidant of Cornelius, will also lead the eulogy at a private memorial service for the pop cultural icon, set for February 16 at Forest Lawn.
“The Rev. Jackson and my father were very, very close friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way,” stated Tony Cornelius, the son of the Soul Tran founder.
Although the upcoming memorial will be private, Tony Cornelius is working with a media partner to provide a pool feed of the event in order to share the moment with all of the fans and well-wishers who’ve shown their support across the nation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here