*When you think of “Soul Train” you automatically think of him.
But it’s not that Don Cornelius is gone, it’s how he went. People are beginning to wonder why the father of an institution which “Soul Train” was would commit suicide, if that is the official ruling.
According to reports, the soul man died with two life insurance policies worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. The beneficiary of both is his ex-wife whom he feuded with often.
The breakup between Cornelius and Viktoria Chapman was ugly. Their relationship included domestic abuse, and according to him, she was also a harsh woman and pepper sprayed him multiple times.
The two divorced in 2009.
Filed with official documents, Don went on record for saying, “I am 72 years old. I have significant health issues. I want to finalize this divorce before I die.”
But a provision in the divorce states that his ex-wife would be the beneficiary of both his life insurance policies, totaling around $300,000.
We know what you may be thinking, she can’t get the money.
Well, not so fast. According to the policy, if the insured commits suicide within the first two years of the policy, the company will not pay out. However, the policy is over two years old and the money WILL go to the ex.
So now we continue to wonder, why Don why?
As we reported, Cornelius was found dead in his home after reports of shots fired in his Sherman Oaks home at around 4 a.m. Authorities say it was Don’s own son, Tony, who made the 911 call.
Don Cornelius was 75.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here