The stark irony is that the very private Don Cornelius is now the topic of much public conversation about his business acumen and indomitable personality.
Steven Ivory tells EURweb’s Lee Bailey:
“That was the thing about Don Cornelius, he was a fierce protector of that show that he created. It did not matter what I wrote about Soul Train, I could write that Soul Train was the greatest thing since bread and water, and he would call me up about one line that he found questionable. This is the way that he was and the way that he protected his product. You could only have respect for the guy who so ardently protected what he created. He was a clear, clear success.”
Steven Ivory and Lee Bailey talk candidly about their friend and colleague in this exclusive audio:
According to reports, Don Cornelius’ son Tony has stated that although his father was in poor health, there was no indication that he was suicidal. Mr. Cornelius’ death on February 1st 2012 due to a self inflicted gunshot wound came as a surprise to all. An observance of Don Cornelius’ life has been planned for February, 17. Specifics are pending.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here