The stark irony is that the very private Don Cornelius is now the topic of much public conversation about his business acumen and indomitable personality.
Steven Ivory tells EURweb’s Lee Bailey:
“That was the thing about Don Cornelius, he was a fierce protector of that show that he created. It did not matter what I wrote about Soul Train, I could write that Soul Train was the greatest thing since bread and water, and he would call me up about one line that he found questionable. This is the way that he was and the way that he protected his product. You could only have respect for the guy who so ardently protected what he created. He was a clear, clear success.”
Steven Ivory and Lee Bailey talk candidly about their friend and colleague in this exclusive audio:
According to reports, Don Cornelius’ son Tony has stated that although his father was in poor health, there was no indication that he was suicidal. Mr. Cornelius’ death on February 1st 2012 due to a self inflicted gunshot wound came as a surprise to all. An observance of Don Cornelius’ life has been planned for February, 17. Specifics are pending.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here