The stark irony is that the very private Don Cornelius is now the topic of much public conversation about his business acumen and indomitable personality.
Steven Ivory tells EURweb’s Lee Bailey:
“That was the thing about Don Cornelius, he was a fierce protector of that show that he created. It did not matter what I wrote about Soul Train, I could write that Soul Train was the greatest thing since bread and water, and he would call me up about one line that he found questionable. This is the way that he was and the way that he protected his product. You could only have respect for the guy who so ardently protected what he created. He was a clear, clear success.”
Steven Ivory and Lee Bailey talk candidly about their friend and colleague in this exclusive audio:
According to reports, Don Cornelius’ son Tony has stated that although his father was in poor health, there was no indication that he was suicidal. Mr. Cornelius’ death on February 1st 2012 due to a self inflicted gunshot wound came as a surprise to all. An observance of Don Cornelius’ life has been planned for February, 17. Specifics are pending.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here