A young man has called to task the use of the term “African-American” as being irrelevant to our present footing in the country. Being “black” is enough for him.
Gibre George (pictured), 38, is a black man from Miami and he started a Facebook page called “Don’t Call Me African-American” to express his opinions on the identifier.
But, what he did not know was that there were many more folks out there that agree with him. So far, he has garnered 1,872 likes and 1,743 people who are “talking about this.”
According to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, George believes his point-of-view is shared with a younger generation …
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here