A young man has called to task the use of the term “African-American” as being irrelevant to our present footing in the country. Being “black” is enough for him.
Gibre George (pictured), 38, is a black man from Miami and he started a Facebook page called “Don’t Call Me African-American” to express his opinions on the identifier.
But, what he did not know was that there were many more folks out there that agree with him. So far, he has garnered 1,872 likes and 1,743 people who are “talking about this.”
According to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, George believes his point-of-view is shared with a younger generation …
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here