*We don’t even have to say that Floyd Mayweather ain’t no punk. When he has something on his mind, he says it. Recently, in his usual outspoken manner, the boxer tweeted that sensational playing New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin is noteworthy.
But, he ain’t special.
“Jeremy Lin is a good player,” Mayweather tweeted Monday, “but all the hype is because he’s Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don’t get the same praise.”
He’s been known to talk race with no regards of persons. He once told Manny Pacquiao to “make some sushi rolls and cook some rice.”
Whether or not you agree with Mayweather’s comments, it really doesn’t matter to him. However, critics call them ignorant and a bit out of line since Asians are hardly represented in the sports industry.
Well, Floyd Mayweather Jr. may not be impressed, but President Barack Obama sure is.
President Obama is “very impressed and fully up to speed” on New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin, his spokesman said Wednesday.
“It’s just a great story, and the president was saying as much this morning,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters. He added, “he’s very impressed and fully up to speed…. He has watched Lin play already and did see the highlights from last night’s game.”
Obama is an avid hoops fan, so it’s no surprise he has watched Lin, the Knicks point guard who has gone from unknown to major NBA star in the past two weeks.
Meanwhile, Lin’s legend continues to grow. Tuesday night Lin hit a 3-pont buzzer-beater for a 90-87 New York Knicks victory victory over the Toronto Raptors.
Watch this video for background info on Jeremy Lin:
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here