*Fox News commentator Eric Bolling insists he was kidding when saying Thursday that Rep. Maxine Waters should “step away from the crack pipe,” reports Politico.com.
“What is going on in California? How’s this? Congresswoman, you saw what happened to Whitney Houston. Step away from the crack pipe, step away from the Xanax, step away from the Lorazepam because it’s going to get you in trouble,” Bolling said about Waters on “Fox and Friends.” “How else do you explain those comments?”
Bolling was reacting to comments Waters delivered in a speech Wednesday, in which she had referred to Republicans as “demons.”
“We have got to take back the House. I saw pictures of Boehner and Cantor on our screen [at the California state Democratic convention]. Don’t ever let me see again in life those Republicans in our hall on our screen talking about anything. These are demons,” Waters said in a video clip played on Fox. She didn’t appear on the Fox morning show.
Immediately after the commercial break, Bolling walked back his comments.
“Alright, before we get started, I just want to say I was kidding about the crack pipe. Just kidding,” he said.
“Of course,” replied Fox and Friends co-host Steve Doocy. “We knew that.” [Scroll down to watch.]
There is no evidence that crack cocaine was involved in Whitney Houston’s death. The investigation into the cause of her death is awaiting toxicology results.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here