*Fred Hammond knew he had a hit after his latest album, “God, Love & Romance” debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Gospel chart and No. 8 on Billboard’s Top 200.
The unusual collection of songs takes on matters of the heart and relationships from a Christian perspective.
“It’s been on my heart for about four years, and I was encouraged by my good friends Pastor Mike & Dee Dee Freeman (Spirit of Faith Christian Center, Temple Hills, MD) to finally do it,” Hammond says of his decision to record a collection of love songs. “A lot of times as men with Christian beliefs we don’t talk about the things that are really important to us in love relationships. I believe God uses not only my triumphs but He uses my tribulations, turmoil, and trials to help other people go through what they are going through.”
Despite its controversial position, Hammond dared to defy tradition and get the church to begin talking about love and relationships in a different way.
“I knew I had to do this record. I knew it was time for me to share my heart about love. I knew that the body of Christ needed to hear these songs, but I honestly didn’t know how it would be received. I always say that I’m a ‘step out of the boat’ kind of artist, and I am grateful for everyone who has stepped out with me to support this CD. It is humbling and it is heartwarming and it is a reminder that when God gives you something – to move on it, even if you don’t fully understand what He is doing,” says Fred Hammond of the high chart debut.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here