*Fred Hammond knew he had a hit after his latest album, “God, Love & Romance” debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Gospel chart and No. 8 on Billboard’s Top 200.
The unusual collection of songs takes on matters of the heart and relationships from a Christian perspective.
“It’s been on my heart for about four years, and I was encouraged by my good friends Pastor Mike & Dee Dee Freeman (Spirit of Faith Christian Center, Temple Hills, MD) to finally do it,” Hammond says of his decision to record a collection of love songs. “A lot of times as men with Christian beliefs we don’t talk about the things that are really important to us in love relationships. I believe God uses not only my triumphs but He uses my tribulations, turmoil, and trials to help other people go through what they are going through.”
Despite its controversial position, Hammond dared to defy tradition and get the church to begin talking about love and relationships in a different way.
“I knew I had to do this record. I knew it was time for me to share my heart about love. I knew that the body of Christ needed to hear these songs, but I honestly didn’t know how it would be received. I always say that I’m a ‘step out of the boat’ kind of artist, and I am grateful for everyone who has stepped out with me to support this CD. It is humbling and it is heartwarming and it is a reminder that when God gives you something – to move on it, even if you don’t fully understand what He is doing,” says Fred Hammond of the high chart debut.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here