*Fred Hammond knew he had a hit after his latest album, “God, Love & Romance” debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Gospel chart and No. 8 on Billboard’s Top 200.
The unusual collection of songs takes on matters of the heart and relationships from a Christian perspective.
“It’s been on my heart for about four years, and I was encouraged by my good friends Pastor Mike & Dee Dee Freeman (Spirit of Faith Christian Center, Temple Hills, MD) to finally do it,” Hammond says of his decision to record a collection of love songs. “A lot of times as men with Christian beliefs we don’t talk about the things that are really important to us in love relationships. I believe God uses not only my triumphs but He uses my tribulations, turmoil, and trials to help other people go through what they are going through.”
Despite its controversial position, Hammond dared to defy tradition and get the church to begin talking about love and relationships in a different way.
“I knew I had to do this record. I knew it was time for me to share my heart about love. I knew that the body of Christ needed to hear these songs, but I honestly didn’t know how it would be received. I always say that I’m a ‘step out of the boat’ kind of artist, and I am grateful for everyone who has stepped out with me to support this CD. It is humbling and it is heartwarming and it is a reminder that when God gives you something – to move on it, even if you don’t fully understand what He is doing,” says Fred Hammond of the high chart debut.
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here