*Fred Hammond knew he had a hit after his latest album, “God, Love & Romance” debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Gospel chart and No. 8 on Billboard’s Top 200.
The unusual collection of songs takes on matters of the heart and relationships from a Christian perspective.
“It’s been on my heart for about four years, and I was encouraged by my good friends Pastor Mike & Dee Dee Freeman (Spirit of Faith Christian Center, Temple Hills, MD) to finally do it,” Hammond says of his decision to record a collection of love songs. “A lot of times as men with Christian beliefs we don’t talk about the things that are really important to us in love relationships. I believe God uses not only my triumphs but He uses my tribulations, turmoil, and trials to help other people go through what they are going through.”
Despite its controversial position, Hammond dared to defy tradition and get the church to begin talking about love and relationships in a different way.
“I knew I had to do this record. I knew it was time for me to share my heart about love. I knew that the body of Christ needed to hear these songs, but I honestly didn’t know how it would be received. I always say that I’m a ‘step out of the boat’ kind of artist, and I am grateful for everyone who has stepped out with me to support this CD. It is humbling and it is heartwarming and it is a reminder that when God gives you something – to move on it, even if you don’t fully understand what He is doing,” says Fred Hammond of the high chart debut.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here