*The owner of the Newark, NJ funeral home that handled Whitney Houston ‘s services has denied any direct link to the photograph of the singer in her coffin published by the National Enquirer.
The decision has been roundly criticized as a tasteless move by the tabloid, but the unidentified person who actually snapped the photo is denounced as even more despicable. The owner of Whigham Funeral Home says they have nothing to do with it.
“I’m going to answer you as the (family’s) publicist told me to answer you: We have no comment. But it was not the funeral home,” Carolyn Whigham told the Chicago Tribune.
While the publication of the photograph has upset many, still, folks are buying the issue out of curiosity. Diana Moss of Chicago was interviewed after shelling out $3.79 for a copy” “I normally don’t buy these, but she was curious to see (Houston’s photo).”
Elsewhere, Fox News reported that the publisher of the National Enquirer has said that she thought the photo was “beautiful.”
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here