*The owner of the Newark, NJ funeral home that handled Whitney Houston ‘s services has denied any direct link to the photograph of the singer in her coffin published by the National Enquirer.
The decision has been roundly criticized as a tasteless move by the tabloid, but the unidentified person who actually snapped the photo is denounced as even more despicable. The owner of Whigham Funeral Home says they have nothing to do with it.
“I’m going to answer you as the (family’s) publicist told me to answer you: We have no comment. But it was not the funeral home,” Carolyn Whigham told the Chicago Tribune.
While the publication of the photograph has upset many, still, folks are buying the issue out of curiosity. Diana Moss of Chicago was interviewed after shelling out $3.79 for a copy” “I normally don’t buy these, but she was curious to see (Houston’s photo).”
Elsewhere, Fox News reported that the publisher of the National Enquirer has said that she thought the photo was “beautiful.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here