*It appears that the nation’s sneakerheads have their priorities in order once again, as Nike’s latest high-end shoe, the Air Foamposite One ‘Galaxy,’ caused a riot last night (Feb. 23rd) just before the sneaker’s official release.*
My Fox Orlando reported that just before midnight, gatherers waiting outside of Florida Mall’s Foot Locker House Of Hoops store began fighting in line.
The fracas erupted to such a level that Florida police in riot gear and on horseback were called to the scene. According to the report, police began moving in around 9:45 p.m. as the crowd began acting up. From there, people fled the scene as police moved in to clear the property, reportedly numbering into the hundreds.
Read more at Hip Hop Wired
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here