Appropriately titled, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D,” it will feature exclusive interviews with the rapper’s family and other close friends and artists like Will Smith, Mary J. Blige, and Queen Latifah.
Born Dwight Myers, the influential rapper took the reigns of Hip Hop in the late 80s and early 90s as the front man for Heavy D and The Boyz. His career began to flourish from there as an independent artist, producer and actor.
He died last November at age 44, from a blood clot in his lung.
Heavy D also contributed to the growth and tremendous success of other artists like Diddy and Jay-Z.
Myers’ talents went beyond the studio to the theater and television. He appeared in “The Tracy Morgan Show”, “Law and Order”, “Boston Public” and other shows. He most recently played a courthouse guard in “Tower Heist.”
According to Centric, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D” airs February 26 at 11P/10C.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Steve J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- One-Year-Old Dies, After Being Shot in the Face in Compton
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here