Appropriately titled, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D,” it will feature exclusive interviews with the rapper’s family and other close friends and artists like Will Smith, Mary J. Blige, and Queen Latifah.
Born Dwight Myers, the influential rapper took the reigns of Hip Hop in the late 80s and early 90s as the front man for Heavy D and The Boyz. His career began to flourish from there as an independent artist, producer and actor.
He died last November at age 44, from a blood clot in his lung.
Heavy D also contributed to the growth and tremendous success of other artists like Diddy and Jay-Z.
Myers’ talents went beyond the studio to the theater and television. He appeared in “The Tracy Morgan Show”, “Law and Order”, “Boston Public” and other shows. He most recently played a courthouse guard in “Tower Heist.”
According to Centric, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D” airs February 26 at 11P/10C.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here