Appropriately titled, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D,” it will feature exclusive interviews with the rapper’s family and other close friends and artists like Will Smith, Mary J. Blige, and Queen Latifah.
Born Dwight Myers, the influential rapper took the reigns of Hip Hop in the late 80s and early 90s as the front man for Heavy D and The Boyz. His career began to flourish from there as an independent artist, producer and actor.
He died last November at age 44, from a blood clot in his lung.
Heavy D also contributed to the growth and tremendous success of other artists like Diddy and Jay-Z.
Myers’ talents went beyond the studio to the theater and television. He appeared in “The Tracy Morgan Show”, “Law and Order”, “Boston Public” and other shows. He most recently played a courthouse guard in “Tower Heist.”
According to Centric, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D” airs February 26 at 11P/10C.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here