Appropriately titled, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D,” it will feature exclusive interviews with the rapper’s family and other close friends and artists like Will Smith, Mary J. Blige, and Queen Latifah.
Born Dwight Myers, the influential rapper took the reigns of Hip Hop in the late 80s and early 90s as the front man for Heavy D and The Boyz. His career began to flourish from there as an independent artist, producer and actor.
He died last November at age 44, from a blood clot in his lung.
Heavy D also contributed to the growth and tremendous success of other artists like Diddy and Jay-Z.
Myers’ talents went beyond the studio to the theater and television. He appeared in “The Tracy Morgan Show”, “Law and Order”, “Boston Public” and other shows. He most recently played a courthouse guard in “Tower Heist.”
According to Centric, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D” airs February 26 at 11P/10C.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here