Appropriately titled, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D,” it will feature exclusive interviews with the rapper’s family and other close friends and artists like Will Smith, Mary J. Blige, and Queen Latifah.
Born Dwight Myers, the influential rapper took the reigns of Hip Hop in the late 80s and early 90s as the front man for Heavy D and The Boyz. His career began to flourish from there as an independent artist, producer and actor.
He died last November at age 44, from a blood clot in his lung.
Heavy D also contributed to the growth and tremendous success of other artists like Diddy and Jay-Z.
Myers’ talents went beyond the studio to the theater and television. He appeared in “The Tracy Morgan Show”, “Law and Order”, “Boston Public” and other shows. He most recently played a courthouse guard in “Tower Heist.”
According to Centric, “Be Inspired: The Life of Heavy D” airs February 26 at 11P/10C.
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here