The artist, real name Jeffrey Atkins, began serving a two-year prison sentence on weapons and tax evasion charges in June. He dropped out of high school as a teenager to pursue his rap career, but he has now finally received his equivalency degree after passing his GED exam.
Ja Rule says he got a little help with his studies from a fellow inmate – Dennis Kozlowski, a college-educated former business CEO.
“I was studying for my GED and Koz came in and talked to me and said, ‘If you need any help, let me know.’ Outside (of prison), you don’t meet guys like this every day. This place is amazing,” Atkins tells the New York Daily News.
The star, who is due to walk free in June 2013, is now looking to further his studies – he plans to begin taking college courses later this month.
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here