The artist, real name Jeffrey Atkins, began serving a two-year prison sentence on weapons and tax evasion charges in June. He dropped out of high school as a teenager to pursue his rap career, but he has now finally received his equivalency degree after passing his GED exam.
Ja Rule says he got a little help with his studies from a fellow inmate – Dennis Kozlowski, a college-educated former business CEO.
“I was studying for my GED and Koz came in and talked to me and said, ‘If you need any help, let me know.’ Outside (of prison), you don’t meet guys like this every day. This place is amazing,” Atkins tells the New York Daily News.
The star, who is due to walk free in June 2013, is now looking to further his studies – he plans to begin taking college courses later this month.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here