*The Jackson family, who lost Michael Jackson in June 2009, has asked music fans and members of the media to respect the privacy of Whitney Houston’s family as they grieve her sudden death.
Jermaine Jackson, who helped Davis develop a young Houston at the start of her recording career, has already expressed his devastation at the news of her passing, and now his whole family have released a joint statement paying tribute to the late soul singer.
The Jacksons, who experienced a similar public outpouring of support and scrutiny following Jackson’s death, state: “We honor and celebrate the life of one of the world’s most gifted vocalists and talented entertainers, Whitney Houston.
“Although we are all saddened by her sudden passing and will miss her, we respectfully ask everyone to please consider her family at this time of difficulty by granting them the patience and comfort they need to mourn their loss in peace.”
The official statement was tweeted Monday by Janet and Randy Jackson.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here