*The Jackson family, who lost Michael Jackson in June 2009, has asked music fans and members of the media to respect the privacy of Whitney Houston’s family as they grieve her sudden death.
Jermaine Jackson, who helped Davis develop a young Houston at the start of her recording career, has already expressed his devastation at the news of her passing, and now his whole family have released a joint statement paying tribute to the late soul singer.
The Jacksons, who experienced a similar public outpouring of support and scrutiny following Jackson’s death, state: “We honor and celebrate the life of one of the world’s most gifted vocalists and talented entertainers, Whitney Houston.
“Although we are all saddened by her sudden passing and will miss her, we respectfully ask everyone to please consider her family at this time of difficulty by granting them the patience and comfort they need to mourn their loss in peace.”
The official statement was tweeted Monday by Janet and Randy Jackson.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here