*The Jackson family, who lost Michael Jackson in June 2009, has asked music fans and members of the media to respect the privacy of Whitney Houston’s family as they grieve her sudden death.
Jermaine Jackson, who helped Davis develop a young Houston at the start of her recording career, has already expressed his devastation at the news of her passing, and now his whole family have released a joint statement paying tribute to the late soul singer.
The Jacksons, who experienced a similar public outpouring of support and scrutiny following Jackson’s death, state: “We honor and celebrate the life of one of the world’s most gifted vocalists and talented entertainers, Whitney Houston.
“Although we are all saddened by her sudden passing and will miss her, we respectfully ask everyone to please consider her family at this time of difficulty by granting them the patience and comfort they need to mourn their loss in peace.”
The official statement was tweeted Monday by Janet and Randy Jackson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here