*For the past two decades, Jaleel White has been quietly putting in work across the television landscape without much notice or fanfare. But, his small screen impact is about to reach to the glory days of Urkel once he waltzes and quicksteps into living rooms each week on ABC’s popular “Dancing With the Stars.”
Before he was revealed Tuesday morning as a cast member, the actor who firmly planted himself in pop culture as Steve Urkel on the 90s sitcom “Family Matters” has just this year starred in an episode of TV’s No. 1 drama “NCIS,” filmed an episode of USA’s “Psych” and appears as a client of celebrity stylist June Ambrose in an episode of her upcoming VH1 reality series, “The June Ambrose Project.”
“I’m ‘Pop Up’ right now. I’m the pop-up guy,” he tells EURweb exclusively. “And that’s been fun for me. I just keep popping up on all these different shows. Obviously I was in the Cee Lo video last year and in “House” last year. People are just finding it fun to put me on their shows right now and I’m having fun with it.”
In addition to “DWTS,” Jaleel will pop up this April on the Syfy channel as host of “Total Blackout,” a competition series that has contestants groping around in complete darkness having to guess different objects placed before them – from live eels swimming in a tank, to a dust mop, to someone’s foot. [Scroll down to watch a test run of the series.]
With the simultaneous one, two punch of “DWTS” and “Total Blackout” about to put him back in the spotlight, it’s safe to assume that no one will be wandering whatever happened to Urkel after he grew up.
“People always ask me everywhere I go now, ‘Hey man, what are you up to? What are you doing?’ I mean, I might as well wear a t-shirt,” he continues. “And I’m like, ‘Man we got a thousand [TV] channels. I’ve been working constantly. I’ve never stopped working.”
Below, Jaleel gives more details about “Total Blackout,” premiering April 25 at 10 p.m. [Scroll down to watch a test run.]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here