*Rapper Jay-Z’s donations to his own charities are under fire , according to The Daily.
Many believe the rich should give back and The Daily went digging and found Jay-Z made $63 million in 2010 and only donated $6,000 to his own Shawn Carter Foundation.
Jay-Z’s representatives deny the claim and point to a benefit concert he threw last year which raised over $1 million.
“Jay, along with his family, provided office support, overhead support, [mother] Mrs. Gloria Carter’s 100% effort and time, computers, FedEx expenses, accounting, and treasury function support. This was at no cost to the charity,” Jay-Z’s publicist Jana Fleishman said in an email to The Daily.
Jay-Z reportedly gave 0.01 percent of his earning to charity while a typical American donates about 3 percent.
What do you think of this story?
Read more here
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here