*Rapper Jay-Z’s donations to his own charities are under fire , according to The Daily.
Many believe the rich should give back and The Daily went digging and found Jay-Z made $63 million in 2010 and only donated $6,000 to his own Shawn Carter Foundation.
Jay-Z’s representatives deny the claim and point to a benefit concert he threw last year which raised over $1 million.
“Jay, along with his family, provided office support, overhead support, [mother] Mrs. Gloria Carter’s 100% effort and time, computers, FedEx expenses, accounting, and treasury function support. This was at no cost to the charity,” Jay-Z’s publicist Jana Fleishman said in an email to The Daily.
Jay-Z reportedly gave 0.01 percent of his earning to charity while a typical American donates about 3 percent.
What do you think of this story?
Read more here
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here