*Rapper Jay-Z’s donations to his own charities are under fire , according to The Daily.
Many believe the rich should give back and The Daily went digging and found Jay-Z made $63 million in 2010 and only donated $6,000 to his own Shawn Carter Foundation.
Jay-Z’s representatives deny the claim and point to a benefit concert he threw last year which raised over $1 million.
“Jay, along with his family, provided office support, overhead support, [mother] Mrs. Gloria Carter’s 100% effort and time, computers, FedEx expenses, accounting, and treasury function support. This was at no cost to the charity,” Jay-Z’s publicist Jana Fleishman said in an email to The Daily.
Jay-Z reportedly gave 0.01 percent of his earning to charity while a typical American donates about 3 percent.
What do you think of this story?
Read more here
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here